Connect the Dots

"Eva, are you still here on earth?" My lab partner stefanie snapped her fingers at me.

My mind was wandering as we prepared for our lab as I always did lately.

"Sorry stef, just got a lot on my mind" I said throwing my lab coat over my shoulders.

"This aint like you, whats up?" She said frowning a bit. She was right though, I was always so focused but these last days I just felt like I was missing something.

"Not sure," I shrugged and whispered since our lab professor had began his lecture.

"It all began a few days ago when I went to a strip club...my boyfriend didn't want me to tho" I explained.

"Ahh knew it had something to do with your lil cutie," she laughed softly.

I smiled. "Yeah...but its really complicated now. Just cant really pinpoint this eerie feelin I been havin"

She twisted her mouth up thinking as I plugged in the microscope.

"You should take it from there then," she said softly, " ya know...start from the beginning of that night and work your way up"

The advice seemed pretty basic but I nodded in agreement.

That night, I thought....trying to put together my blurred thoughts.

Club was hot, got into it with August. ..

So folks remember our last topic was splicing.... I heard the professor continue to explain

We all got wasted and I think I told August that I loved bad bitches? I chuckled to myself at the thought

So in your slides we have pig cells displayed. ...

Lap dance from the girl with some fairy tale name. Then deja and her baby shower. I rolled my eyes as I looked down at the slide through the microscope.

August was so mad at me I hadnt even mentioned I saw his soon to be baby mama at a strip joint with some dude rubbing his unborn son while kissing on her neck.

The genomes in these cells are ACTGAAG

Urghh he should be mad at that hoe and not me, I thought focusing the lens.

Those of you with the electron microscopes can see the double helix

I froze in my thoughts and looked up from the microscope. Stefanie who was staining another slide noticed my reaction.

"Are you ok evie?" She asked worried

The entire night had come back to me, every last detail. All the blurs were clear as day now.

I nodded to her as I raised my hand

"Yes ms Romain?" Our professor said when he noticed my hand up.

"May I be excused?" I asked still staring blankly into space

He frowned a bit, " it must be really important if youre willing to miss a lab....but since youre one of my top students, go ahead"

I gave a small smile as I removed my lab coat and collected my bag, power walking out the room.

***********

What yall think Eva remembered?

I got yall readin all day huh lol. Got more chappies already done in the Baby By Me book (up to chap 9) im just fine tuning still.

Oh, lab partner stefanie in the mm