Epilogue

10 years later

The sound of my daughter screaming woke me up from my peaceful sleep, followed closely by the sound of footsteps and banging on the bedroom door. I groaned and turned over to the side to see if Harper was there but like I predicted, she wasn't. I let out a groan before yelling out for my little princess MJ to come in. As soon as I said that two little bodies fell in a heap and a few "ouchies" were uttered from their mouths. I sat up and watched as my daughter pushed her twin brother Xander, to the ground and couldn't help but hold back a laugh at how tough my little angel was.

She came running and jumped right onto my lap speaking a mile a minute about Nemo and something about Xander but I couldn't really catch on to what she was trying to say. My son, the little hellion got up from the floor and tried to hide a smirk and I just knew that he did something to torture his little sister. I always told Harper that naming him after Alexander wasn't the best idea and turns out I was right. As soon as they started crawling he was always up to no good when it came to her; breaking off the heads of her dolls, stealing all her food when she wasn't watching and drawing on her face while she slept. It didn't help that he looked up to his uncle Alex who always spoiled our children and talked about how he used to prank his friends while he was in school. My sons love their uncle Alex, but Xander completely idolises him, much to mine and Harpers chagrin.

"Princess, slow down and tell me what your brother did this time," I said calmly while placing a chaste kiss on her forehead.

She looked up at me with tears glistening in her green eyes that looked just like her mothers and ruffled her blonde ringlets to try and soothe her. She let out a few hiccups before she turned back and pointed a finger at her brother.

"Xander did something to Nemo. I woke up this morning and went to feed him like mummy told me to every morning and he wasn't there daddy. He did something to Nemo." She then crossed her arms in anger and scrunched up her little face looking so much like Harper that I almost did laugh. It didn't help that her voice kept going up an octave after each sentence but I didn't want to anger my little angel, so I kept a straight face.

"I didn't do anything to Nemo, he's playing hide and seek. Why do you think the movies called Finding Nemo?" He said sarcastically to his sister who was shooting daggers in his direction. An action that only made my son stand there with his arms crossed, chest popped out and a smirk on his face. Another habit he got from his namesake.

"Xander what did you do to the goldfish?" I asked and he opened his mouth to say something that'll undoubtedly make my daughter angrier than she already was, before I continued. "You better give me the right answer or you can go to nana and pops house and not come to Aurora's birthday party."

It was no secret that my son was crushing on Nate and Kelly's youngest daughter, Aurora, who's birthday we would be attending later on today, which is where Harper was right now seeing as she was preparing the event in their back yard. The twins had celebrated their fifth birthday party a month ago and Tristan being the overprotective big brother that he is kept trying to separate his little sister from Xander. I didn't blame the kid, seeing as Xander tortured little Aurora almost twice as much as he did his own sister. When they were babies he always followed her around and once they got to kindergarten he started playing tricks on her to get her attention because she spent more time with my princess which only made Xander dislike his sister even more. It was almost comical watching my sons eyes almost bug out before he sighed in defeat. There was no way he was missing out seeing little miss Aurora, so I knew I had him.