Chapter 23

"Back off Jessie, she is mine!"

Warren pushed Jessie away angrily.

"No! I will have you freaks know that I belong to no one." She let out a huff.

I rolled my eyes and got up off the ground, dusting myself off. I was so close to freedom...

I puffed my cheeks childishly and let out a huff of annoyance and utter defeat. I just want to get away from the freaking army and be left to my own will. I just want to no longer worry about being executed for being a girl or for being the thief of the century who stole those bloody royal jewels.

Speaking of royalty, I hope to the all mighty above that I was mistaken from Jessie's pound proclamation of receiving 'his majesty's help'. But when do things ever go how I want them to because right at that moment the unidentifiable armoured man from earlier graced us with his presence, now without his helmet on his head, sitting proudly on his horse alongside Commander Tyron, was the crown Prince Edward himself.

His brown eyes assessed the scene before him, lingering slightly longer on the girl in mild curiosity. Warren and Jessie took that moment to notice his arrival and went into an all crazy panic.

Both of them dropped to their knees and were frantically bowing while desperately jumbling up rushed apologies. The whole ordeal was highly comical and if it were any other person standing before us other than the Prince, I would have laughed.

The Prince's eyes drifted to me briefly not paying much attention but rather just to acknowledge my presence before turning back to the bowing idiots. Commander Tyron's eyes however remained on me a little longer before sending me a slight apologetic smile.

"Enough. Rise."

It was a stern yet slightly annoyed tone of voice from the Prince causing Warren and Jessie to drastically stop and jump to their feet. Prince Edward then dismounted his steed and walked towards the girl, frowning slightly.

I didn't know what she might attempt to do to him for she was the enemy after all and did attack me so I unconsciously gripped the hilt of my dagger that I now held in my hand. Even if the Prince did sentence me to death, he was still the crown Prince of the kingdom and I would be damned of something happened to him for that would probably give Lord Patrick a higher chance at the title of King.

She stood on guard, somewhat glaring at the Prince but I could sense slight fear radiating off of her. She was well aware if her unfortunate predicament, knowing full well that she was outnumbered even though Jessie and Warren both admitted their undying 'love' or rather should I say 'lust' for her. They would not betray the Prince for they were both fully loyal to their kingdom and at the end of the day, even though they are idiots, they both knew somewhere deep inside that she was still the enemy.

"What is your name?" He finally asked her.

She stared at him warily before  finally replying. "Alice."

"Were you kidnapped by those barbarians?"

"No. Just because your filthy kingdom does not permit females in the army does not mean mine acts the same! I am a solider, a warrior." She spat out rudely to the Prince yet stood her ground proudly not backing down.

To much of all the spectators and Alice's surprise Prince Edward smiled at her softly.

"That is something I want to change in the near future. But enough of that, you are the last survivor remaining of this camp and are now our prisoner. Please don't cause a hassle to any of my soldiers." He turned around and got back on his horse.

"Tyron, I'm heading back. Sweep the area for any supplies and further information on the enemies tactics and plans." Prince Edward ordered before pointing at Jessie and Warren, "You and you are in charge of bringing the girl, don't let her escape. It is vital that she gets interrogated."