7: The Story of Salad

I shifted nervously under his gaze. I was seated opposite Jimin in this restaurant which was nearby the company. I had never really liked coming here because it's a restaurant for the elites, a place for rich people to hang out.

Though I had come here a few times during our meetings with some investors, I hated the food. Basically, we chewed on grass, in classy language, salad which I hated to life.

The typical Korean foods were more of my type. The salad was just, meh. And I had successfully hidden this secret for 6 years straight, tolerated munching salad on every business meeting, and showed Jimin that I actually love them.

Jimin really loves veggies. I thought because he had once again ordered a salad for lunch. That's why I tried to avoid his invitations for lunch because my stomach would be suffering later with hunger.

The waiter brought the food and I had to control myself so hard from rolling my eyes or looking glum.

"Dig in.", He smiled. I smiled back and tried to show that I was enthusiastic.

I slowly chewed the food looking at Jimin who seemed to love the taste of the food. It's just salad.

He had already finished half while doing little talks with me but I had just touched the food.

"Why aren't you eating?", He asked looking up.

"Are you sick?", He brought his hand to my forehead and a jolt of electricity ran down my spine.

"No, Mr. Park. I am fine.", I told and removed my head from his touch.

"Don't you like the food?", He said.

"It's really good.", I told. But then something worst decides to happen.

My stomach made weird squeaky noises right in front of Park Jimin. I wouldn't blame it though, I was hungry as heck. Shit. Kill me now.

I had never wanted to kill myself so bad. I wanted to dig a hole 6 ft deep and bury myself in it.

Jimin looked frozen. "Miss Kim, I---"

"I am sorry, Mr. Park. But please excuse me, I have to go to the washroom.", I got up from my seat and ran to the washroom to save myself from the embarrassment.

"Am I missing an important point?", Jimin thought and decided to call Areum.

"What is it now?", Her voice came from the line.

"I took her out for lunch.", He said.

"Good. What did you do?"

"So, I ordered some salad for both of us and I----"

"Wait, you ordered the food?", She asked.

"Yes, what's the matter?"

"Oh, I have never wanted to curse you so bad. You mean you ordered those grasses with sauce again?", She told.

"What's wrong with salad? It's good and healthy. Besides, everyone's not like you. She loves salad and knows all its types by heart."

"I don't think so. You probably made her remember all of that. And you have already made one mistake."

"What? I didn't make any. "

"Did you ask what she wanted to eat?"

Jimin remained silent. He didn't actually. "Oh shit." I suck at this.