13

Ria reached home ,the bus ride made her more exhausted....on the first bell, the door opened, she put on a smile on her face, she expected Binni or Titli to be there, instead there was standing another lady,aged around 40,she made way for her to enter.....Ria was now confused too....in the hall, she saw her new family along with Koustav's paternal uncle with a little toddler on his lap...

Seeing her, Mita stood up, introduced her to them....the lady she saw earlier was Titli's stepmother....the kid was Titli's half brother,born almost 2 years ago.....they had come to invite them for his birthday.....Titli was there also, but she was not behaving how normally she did......Koustav took the baby Niloy on his lap,Ria noticed how Niloy mixed up with Koustav in an hour or so....Nilima was silent till dinner was served....sitting on the table she said

Nilima: So, Mita di, you found a nice girl for our Koustav? Otherwise, who marries a widower these days, that too in so young age!

Koustav silently continued to eat....Ria was seated beside him....Mita put another sweet on her plate and...

Mita: Do bless my son and daughter, Nilima....I have found a diamond for my gold....

Nilima: I never thought seeing Koustav before ,that he would be agreeing to marriage anytime soon, he seemed to love Nikita a lot, may be he has forgotten her after meeting you,Ria........And how old are you? Are you and Koustav both happy here? He loves you a lot right! Men tend to love their second wives a lot.....!! Mita di,why don't you send Titli to a hostel,so that Ria and Koustav can live peacefully here! Ria would be having her own kids a few years after, who will look after Titli then? Even I could not take care of Titli after handling your brother- in-law....How will you do it?

Koustav was clenching his face muscles in anger....he looked at Titli standing near kitchen,helping Binni decorating deserts for the guests.

Ria(annoyed with her making taunting comments about Koustav and Titli): I am 21 ,aunty....we both are happy and compatible..and Titli is the cause of our happiness........now, excuse me.I have a call to make...

Ria left the dining table,grabbed the hands of Titli , took her plate on hand and went upstairs...

Seeing everyone getting annoyed with Nilima's comment, Koustav's uncle left with his new family.....Before climbing on his cab, he requested Koustav's father to come for Niloy's birthday,he did not had the courage to lose his last bond with his real family......and gave him an envelope with Ria's name on it...

Titli was crying seeing his father so distant from her......she was rambling bad words about Nilima, Ria cooed her and made her eat.....Ria was now sure that Nilima had ignited the flames of self -guilt inside Koustav.....she knew words possess the power of healing as well as wounding....

Titli slept grabbing her teddy, Ria huffed and putting off the bright room lights, started to come downstairs, Koustav was shouting on something inside his parents' room....she was cleaning the dishes....the door opened from inside, angered Koustav was coming out of the room, seeing her there, his anger flared more....."are you happy? Mission accomplished?"

No one talked to her that way before...she was scared...no words were in her mind..

Ria: wh-what mission?

Koustav: Mission of being a good wife! Played your part in my Ma's drama....listen to me opening your ears.......You are her choice...you are daughter- in- law of this household....but you will Never be my wife.....That place neither was nor will be yours....so stop trying to take her place......I can never foget her....she will be in my heart forever.......

Ria could not control her tears, she did not understand what she had done that had made him so angry....Koustav thumped his foot and proceeded upstairs...a loud thud of door banging was heard.....she left all the things and went to her washroom , no amount of water splashing was enough to calm her now stinging mind and eyes.....she looked in the mirror , all the crying had made her eyes and nose red,she came out after sometime..

She decided not to face Koustav....till her wounded mind gets healed....Suddenly her phone started ringing...it was Nabila. She let the phone ring, she knew Nabila would guess about her state hearing her shaky voice and tell it to Tuhin......she had no desire to drag her own family in the turmoil of her married life.

The night passed, Ria saw the sun rising in the eastern horizon, she was lying sleeplessly the whole night......her head was thumping in pain, eyes were red and puffy, she called Romy around 6:30 and asked her if she could go to her place.....she dragged herself to get ready, put on her specs, took her bag with books, planted a kiss on Titli's cheek, met her FIL while exiting the house, he was quite stunned to see her with bag so early ,so she made the excuse of Romy needing help, and informed him that she would return around 7:30 pm....took an auto and left.....the morning breeze felt good against her hot cheeks....

Paying the fare, she called Romy, she opened the door and directed her towards her room.....Romy was not needed to explain more,she understood   her condition looking at her,and forced her to sleep for a while....

Romy was having a cup of tea, the land lord Ujaan Sen,had returned the night before....after returning he came and introduced himself with the PGs.....

Around 9:30 am,Romy woke her up, they were heading out of the house to grab some breakfast from the nearest tea-stall. Someone came in their way.....looking up ,Ria found a handsome guy in his late twenties standing in front of her....Romy introduced him as the house owner to her, he did the rest... Ujaan invited Ria and Romy to have some tea.....they followed him....Romy was amazed to find Ujaan chatting with Ria, but the day before he seemed quite reserved....

Ria's mood was better,while coming to university. University was less tiring that day, she boarded the bus, got no seat, after a few stopages, she found a familiar face among those people, Ujaan was sitting , he gave hef the seat, and stood beside, another installment of chats started....both of them exchanged their phone numbers before her bus stop came.....

She had a smile entering her house...Binni came across with a glass of water, Ria was asking Mita where Titli was.....the doorbell rang.....that ring had no speciality, but she knew it was Koustav. Mita watched her going upstairs........

_________________________________________

Hey loves!! Thanks for coming here.....do vote,comment and share the book if you like it......stay safe ,take care....♥️♥️