╟ Chapter 172: Secret Meeting ╢

You reached the Fire Tank Pirates's base after it was decided that you'd meet them by your captain. The castle was a real fortress from the outside, but decorated elegantly on the inside like any fancy manor. Not a minute there and you were already ordered to take a clean bath since the Boss wouldn't meet 'anyone who is dirty'.

Still, you didn't realize how badly you wanted one when your bare body sunk inside the tub along with Carrot while Nami took a quick shower before the bathing. It was also an opportunity to meet Bege's wife and son: Chiffon and Pez. The chubby baby with long pink hair and already possessed some stubble much like his father was laying inside a basket next to his mother, sleeping soundly.

"Lola was turned into a warthog zombie?!" exclaimed Chiffon after Nami told her how you all met on Thriller Bark.

"Yeah, and she was chasing around the guy who she fell in love with!" said the navigator with a grin, recalling the clear memories.

"That sounds like her!" the twin mused with a laugh, shaking her head.

"At that time and again in the forest of monsters, I don't know what would've happened to me if it weren't for Lola"

"You guys also saved my sister too. Thank you! You see, we have been very close since we were kids"

"I can't imagine a dead person moving...The sea is like a wonderland!" the Mink girl breathed in awe, and you clicked your tongue.

"No, it was a real nightmare out there" you shuddered. "Thriller Bark is by far one of my worst experiences..."

"I wonder if she found someone to marry..." the ginger haired girl murmured, only to frown deeply. "Big Mom sounded so mad when she talked about Lola running away from a marriage"

"Yeah...that was a big deal..." Chiffon replied, gazing sadly at the tiles of the bathroom.

"Why's that?" you inquired.

"Mama is reviled by all Giants in the world for a reason. That's why even though Totto Land has a diverse population, there are no Giants. One day, a man showed up saying he had fallen in love with Lola at first sight and wanted to marry her. Believe it or not, he was Loki the prince of Elbaph, the Giants' country!"

"A prince?!" Nami gaped in surprise.

"Mama became so happy and teary-eyed" Chiffon continued, her frown deepening. "She thought if Lola became the princess of Elbaph, her long-standing feud with the Giants would be resolved and she'd even get access to their army which is said to be the world's strongest"

"But she ran away" you stated, earning a nod from the sister.

"After that, everything went wrong. She tried to use me as a substitute but he noticed that I wasn't Lola. And her relationship with the Giants got even worse. She gave up the idea of becoming friendly with actual Giants and started investing in research to turn people into giants. Her anger towards Lola only amplified and she was branded a criminal in this country. If she comes back, she'll get killed!"