Chapter Fourteen

Songs for this chapter:
• everytime - Ariana Grande

Chapter Fourteen:

Lexi's POV

"I'm sure she's a virgin. Girls like her are always such teases. I doubt she'd ever give herself to a boy," Scarlett says, smiling wickedly as she brings her cigarette back up to her lips.

The entire house smells like cigarettes, alcohol, and cheap perfume. The room that I'm sitting in is dark and musty, the small windows boarded up and the overhead light burnt out. The paint on the walls is chipped and peeling, and I could swear that the dark spot on the back wall is blood.

"If it turns out that she's not a virgin, I'll just have my way with her. There's no point in wasting a sexy girl like her," Bryce says from where he's standing beside Scarlett, a smug grin on his face.

I want to tell him that of course he can have sex with me! He makes love to me all the time, but I notice that this isn't the same Bryce Bradshaw that I knew as a kid. He has the same small smile and silky chocolate hair, but his amber eyes don't have that twinkle: they're dull and lifeless.

I know that this clearly won't be the case as Bryce adds on to his previous words by saying, "She can be my own personal fuckdoll. Wouldn't that be nice."

Scarlett chuckles at this, and Bryce grins in response. I suddenly feel like I'm going to vomit, the realisation that I've completely lost my connection with Bryce finally hitting me.

He isn't the boy that I fell in love with or the man that I'm still madly in love with to this day. He's so cold and dark and he's freaking terrifying as he stands there with a scowl on his face, his arms crossed as he taps his foot.

He's eyeing my body up and down with wide and greedy eyes. It doesn't make me feel the way that it usually does, not at all. I don't feel butterflies in my stomach and I don't feel my breathing pick up, not feeling my usually desire for that beautiful man standing before me.

I had given up on wiping away the tears long ago. They're falling too hard, but I do try and control myself as a sob racks through my entire body.

"She's a little bitch, isn't she?" Anders chimes in, walking up behind Scarlett and Bryce. He has what I think is a cigarette between his lips, but I know that I assumed wrong when the smell of marijuana hits me.

I cough, crinkling my nose at the disgusting smell. I watch as Anders passes the 'cigarette' to Bryce, who takes a hit as his eyes meet mine before handing it back to Anders.

My heart aches as I stare at him. I want to stand up from the floor and run into his arms, pulling him into a tight hug. I want to cry into his chest as he promises me that everything will be okay, that he's not here to hurt me but to save me.

Bringing my knees up to my chest, I curl myself up into a tiny ball. I then wrap my arms around my folded legs, hugging myself tight as I cry and cry and cry some more.

"I'd definitely take a turn with her after you're done. She's pretty hot," Anders snickers, Scarlett nodding in agreement with him before she reaches to slam the door shut in my face.

"Wait!" I choke out. "Please let me go. I won't tell anyone about this if you just set me free."

Tears begin to fall down my cheeks at an even faster rate as I watch Bryce, Scarlett, and Anders contemplate my request. My breath catches in my throat once Bryce lets out a loud sigh, pushing past Scarlett as he steps into the room.