Chapter 106: Fifth Life - How I know it's You

My voice carries through the open with laughter. "Luo? Luo who?"

"Only Luo Na Li can wield the Meteor Sword. It will not accept a new owner. If you are her reincarnation then it will come naturally to use the powers of the stars."

"Eh? Well, I'm not this Luo person, so you can relax."

"I'm thinking that you are."

I blink twice at his claim. Was he onto me already?

"Why do you think I'm Luo Na Li?" I cross my arms.

"Your aura feels familiar, but your face is different. You're not afraid of me."

"Mo Su Yue isn't afraid of you either."

"Yes, but she is the opposite of fear. She's obsessed with me. You're neither. You despise me." He grimaces at the word despise.

"You sure are nonchalant about having indoctrinated fans."

"You are the benefactor of Invigorating Essence."

I thought he was just making baseless accusations, but suddenly I'm nervous because he knows I'm involved with Invigorating Essence.

"How did you know? What did Yi Fei tell you?" I ask.

"You were in the room during the summoning spell. Ming Yan was able to detect the essence of your soul. It is rather difficult to distinguish souls that do not have a unique aura, especially one with such poor cultivation skills."

"Why you--"

"However, Ming Yan told me that your soul resembled the energy that caused the explosion which killed the older generation of the Immoral Sect Leaders years ago... This is Rong Xin's grave. She gave up her life to protect Bleak Night. She was Luo Na Li's reincarnation."

I look over to the grave, contemplating how to get myself out of this one. Looks like Ming Yan blabbed about our incident together. And it seems that when I sacrificed my life against the Unity Light Blow, it caused in upsurge of powers that killed the Immortal Sect Leaders and their followers present? I was so weak in that lifetime, so how did I muster that?

He takes a step toward me, explaining, "Over the past ten years, you and Sect Leader Gao remain close. You often visit her. I've kept an eye on you since then."

"Why must you do that? I'm seriously not who you are looking for, okay? Just leave me alone."

I turn away from him and start walking. I don't get more than ten steps when the Meteor Sword rushes out from the demon's hand and pierces the ground in front of me.

"Bad sword! You go back!" I lecture it as quietly as I could.

It does as its told and returns inside its sheath.

I stare back at the demon, and he looks confused. He was sure I was the owner and supposedly Luo Na Li.

The demon calls out, "Sect Leader Gao says I had a past life with you."

The thumping of my heart increases to unimaginable high speed. I listen to his words without turning around.

"I was a physician at Invigorating Sect. I was Kong Shuguang. She said I needed to talk to you about our misunderstanding."

"There's nothing to talk about!" I yell with anger hiding in the back of my throat. "Because I'm not who you think I am."

Easily I found my way back to the gates of Bleak Night and depart down the mountain back to the city. It's probably a good idea to leave as soon as possible. But first I need to talk to Yi Fei.

Her big mouth!

The next day I made no plans to leave yet. The business is just starting to grow, and I want to make sure Chuju can handle things on her own.

In the middle of the afternoon, a cool breeze rushes inside the tea house.

"Young Miss! Young Miss! That demon lord is here!"

Aaaack!

"Let me handle this, Chuju." I calmly tell her.

I go out to the customers' area, expecting to see the demon, however he had brought a small army of demon followers into my establishment! My customers were anxious about the presence that they stopped what they were doing to observe the situation.

"What part of leaving me alone do you not understand?" I whisper.

"I don't mean to bring you harm. These are the men that vandalized your tea house awhile back. I brought them back to work for you."

"Hey! Who gave you the right? And having demon followers work here? Do you want me to run my business into the ground?!"

"They will do anything you say. And they will do it free of charge."

"Well then why's there only six of them? The damage they done here is accumulated to the damage of ten men at the most."

"I can... bring you more men."

"Forget it! Forget it! They can work in the back." I say as I cross my arms, avoiding to look at the demon.

"Oh? I'll leave them to you then." From the corners of my eyes, I could see a skittish smirk on his face.

Over his shoulder, he commands the men. "You will all do as she says. Now go to the back."

They disperse and follow Chuju to the back. She will tell them what they need to do to rectify their bad behavior.

I didn't want to refuse the offer of free labor! I needed the help repairing my furniture, which they were responsible for. That demon sure knew how to get to me.

The demon continues, "While I'm here, you can serve me tea."

"We don't serve Bleak Night people." My eyelids stretch open while my facial expression was meant to be threatening. The demon scoffs and leans toward me.

"Won't serve Bleak Night Sect Leader but have his followers work in your tea house. You really are bold, Yuxing."

"Hey, hey! No saying my name!"

"Then how will I address you? My lady?" He teases.

"Gross! Don't call me that! Go away. I'm busy."

He watches me disappear behind the kitchen curtain.

Damn you, Yi Fei. What did you tell him? Has our friendship meant nothing to you?! And your stupid disciple, Ming Yan couldn't keep her mouth shut!