⥈ chapter sixteen: COUNCIL OF SHADOWS ⥈

« chapter xvi : COUNCIL OF SHADOWS »

Dabria had done it again. She had scared the living daylights out of the Batfamily.

Dabria thought it was a dream. She thought none of it was real. But when she woke up, surrounded by pajama wearing boys and encased in flames, she knew that she had been sleepwalking, again. Something that hadn't happened since her powers had first manifested. "Oh my god!" Dabria squeaked out, seeing the burned topiary and grim expressions on Tim, Damian, Bruce and Alfred's faces. "What did I do?"

"What didn't you do." Damian said with a scowl.

"Damian." Bruce said with a frown. Damian huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"All I'm saying father is that you need to tell us what's happening with her before she fries all of us." Tim looked to Bruce, eyebrows arched.

"You know what's happening and you told Damian?" Tim said with a frown.

"I didn't tell anyone anything." Bruce said.

"I just figured that Father has all the answers and is, yet again, keeping them from us." Damian said, sounding miffed.

"I don't want Dabria to be afraid of herself." Bruce said. Dabria frowned.

"Hello, I'm right here and already afraid of myself." Dabria said, trying to dim the fire around her by breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth but with the boys talking around her as if she wasn't there, it was kind of hard. 

"Master Bruce, I suggest you tell Miss Dabria. Keeping her in the dark will do no one any good." Bruce sighed but nodded. 

"We can head to the cave once Dabria has calmed down enough." He said. With that incentive, Dabria managed to extinguish the fire inside her rather quickly and even managed to create a portal to the cave without too much trouble. Bruce and the boys stepped through it solemnly while Alfred muttered something about not being a night owl and going back to bed. Dabria went through the portal herself and it collapsed behind her.