Fourty One

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL CHAPTER

Jae's POV

I haven't been able to stop thinking about yesterday. Especially Taehyung and his words. I couldn't even sleep properly either.

Even after the way he treated me, why do I still have a soft spot for him? It's wrong to feel this way, right?

I don't hate him, I never did. Nor did I wish ill of him. I wanted him to realise the pain he put me through and what it's like to lose someone who cared for you and loved you like no one else did. I wanted him to feel guilty and regretful for hurting someone like me — who was willing to spend the rest of my life with with him and bring up our daughters together.

My mind's telling me otherwise. He did tell me that someone was forcing him and I could tell that he was hurting too.

Shall I just call him? I need to check on him and find out how he's doing.

I dial Taehyung's number and bring the phone to my ear, listening to the dial tones. He picks up after four rings.

"Hello?" I hear his voice.

"Hey, Taehyung. You alright?" I ask him with worry laced in my tone.

"Yeah of course I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be?" He replies quickly.

I sigh. "It's just because of what happened yesterday. You can talk to me about it, you know?"

"Are you sure? I mean, I thought you weren't talking to me and haven't forgiven me." He responds in a softly, with a hint of sadness in his tone.

Am I being too harsh on him?

"Okay, well. The kids are in nursery at the moment and Mark's at work. I'm not needed at work today. So if you want, we can meet up?" I suggest.

"Really?! I mean, yeah I'm up for it. Where shall we meet?" He asks.

"The café round the corner from my house? If that's alright with you." I suggest, hoping he'd say yes.

"Sure! Why not? I'll meet you there in half an hour then?" He suggests.

"Okay, that's fine. See you." I say, before hanging up.

Am I really doing the right thing?

I shake my thoughts away and get ready.

HALF AN HOUR LATER . . .

I rush into the café and look around for Taehyung.

Suddenly, I spot him waving at me, signalling his presence. I nod and walk to his table. He stands up and stands close to me, about to hug me but stops. Then he awkwardly nods and pulls a seat out for me. I thank him and sit down.