THREE

Tere Dil Mein Aise Utar Jaienge
Ke Tujhe Khabar Bhi Nahi Hogi, Aur Ishq Hojaega.

MARIA AHWAAN'S POV

Today we have a farewell party in our college and I am very exited for it. The dress code of the party is ethenic and I have decided to wear a saree. I remember when an eight year old me used to drape Mama's sari's over and admired myself in the mirror. She always used to praise my look in sari. The reason I love saree is because mama loved wearing them. She looked like a queen in them and as a small girl I used to admire my mama looking ethereal in them.

But today my mama is no more. I am wearing saree admiring myself just like she used to but only difference today is that mama is not here with me. She is not here to praise me. She is not here to compliment me just like she did when I was a child.

I wish she was here with me. I wish she was here to see her daughter grown up.

Wiping my tears away I proceeded downstairs as today Osama was in charge to leave and pick me up from college. Hero is very busy with his work these days that's why I didn't bothered him, rather asked Osama to pick me up.

"Salam everyone."

I greeted everyone with a smile.

"Mashallah my princess is looking like a queen today. Isn't it ammi ?"

Taya abba complimented me looking at dado to which she smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Yes, she is looking beautiful and grown up, I think we should expect proposals coming for her."

Tayi ammi joined the conversation, making me blush.

"No, I am not letting my princess away from my sight any soon. She will always stay here with us. I have found a permanent solution to keep her here with us."

Taya Abba replied her back murmuring the last sentence which was not meant to be audible but I heard it as I was standing near.

His words only mean one thing that he wants me to get married to one of his sons. Osama is out of the question cause he is younger than me, so that means only two options are left. One hero and the other one Hassan. I don't know for whom he is talking about.

Ughhh... Why am I forcing my brain to think too much. Leave it Maria. You'll know everything with time. But I wish he is talking about hero cause I don't have any compatibility with Hassan. We are poles apart.

"Woah... Hey girl where is my fatty ? What did you do with her ?"

Osama entered the dinning room and started throwing questions on me which I am unable to understand. I am very confused with his words. I am not getting what he is trying to say.

" Can you come straight to the point monkey ? Cause I am unable to understand your alien language ."

I narrowed my eyes at him knowing that he is going to say something stupid, afterall that's what he does. It's his occupation to be stupid but I can't complain. He lits up our house with his baseless humor.

" I mean to say that my fatty is not looking fatty today rather she is looking okay, okay."

His words made me laugh. It was so difficult for him to praise me.

"You mean to say I look beautiful Osama."

"Yeah. Kind of. By the way where is your fairy godmother who did wonders on you ?"