Chapter 15

Please make it in time! Please make it in time! Please!

I forced the muscles of my legs to the maximum as I ran back to the town. With God Speed, of course.

The town! I can finally see it! But what the heck is that!?!?

My eyes widened by the sight I was seeing. Not because the town was in a wreck. It was the number of demons I'm seeing in front of me. Just how many did they plan to bring in this town!?

I see some on the roofs and some on the ground. But the amount is no joke.

"Hide somewhere and don't let them find you even if it kills you." I told the boy as I placed him down. He nodded quickly and ran somewhere to hide.

Okay... Time to find Mitsuri again.

I ran toward the town and the demons saw me. I felt something wrong when I saw them looking at me. What is this feeling? I don't see any emotions in their eyes. Like someone is controlling them.

Is Muzan doing this? It can't be some low-level demon since their abilities aren't that strong... Please don't tell me it's someone from Twelve Moons... Mitsuri is not strong enough to handle this much demons alone.

The lifeless demons started to attack me. I activated God Speed and killed them all quickly with my katana. I don't have time for this. Better finish this quickly.

While killing the demons, I went deeper into the town. I could see the mess all the demons did to this town. So much blood... I feel sick...

I continued to kill the demons and fought against the sickening feeling inside my stomach. They all still had lifeless eyes and it also disturbed me. None of the demons had bloody mouths. Just bloody outfits and hands. The controller is taking all the humans...

But where the heck is Mitsuri? I haven't seen her anywhere. And I feel like all the demons are only coming towards me.

My hands felt heavy and my breathing got also heavier. I could feel the exhaustion hit me slowly... Why did I have to train at night... Curse my bad luck and bad planning...

I slashed down the last demon I could see and there weren't any demons anymore around me. Behind me were many crumbling bodies that I killed. 

I heard steps in front of me and looked back forward. In front of me stood Mitsuri with her katana drawn out. Her eyes were shadowed due to her hair.

"Kanroji-san! Are you all right!?" I shouted and ran towards her. I'm glad she is fine. Now we can find the controller together.

When I got close to Mitsuri, I saw her try to swing her katana at me. I dodged it just in time and only my hair got cut a little bit. 

"Kanroji-san?" I asked in confusion. Mitsuri raised her head and I could see her eyes. They were lifeless like the demons'. She's being controlled. Damn it! I was too slow!

"So close! I should have waited for a little bit more and I could have killed you!" I heard a voice complain. I looked around me and didn't see anyone nearby us. Where the heck is that voice coming from?

"Can't find me, can you? Let me help you." the voice said and slowly a figure appeared behind Mitsuri.

It was a young boy and one of his eyes had a number. I could see it clearly and it said Lower Two. Great... A Twelve Moon...

I raised my katana in front of me and got ready to use God Speed but the demon raised his finger.

"Ah. If you move or try to attack, you can say goodbye to this young lady here." he said and Mitusri raised her katana next to her neck. I glared at the demon and lowered my katana.