Chapter 17 - Date?

It's been two weeks since Chet and I had dinner at his place, two weeks since he apologized in his own Chet way, I know the words sorry didn't actually leave his mouth, but the dinner and conversation was proof enough that he was sorry and he meant what he'd said about not wanting to lose me.

In the past two weeks things have been great between us, and while there is no formal label put on what we are, I can't fault Chet when it comes to sticking to his word, since our dinner we've spent almost every night together, either having dinner, or spending time in front of the T. V after Chet finishes work and on the odd occasion we've taken a walk on the beach.

While I don't know what Chet is actually feeling towards me, and I don't know what he does on the nights we're not together. For me, Chet is it. He's the only person I'm seeing, the only person I'm sleeping with, the only person I want to put my time and effort into, and maybe that makes me stupid, but only time will tell.

Tonight is Saturday night once more and once again Chet and I are having dinner tonight, only tonight we're not having dinner at my place, or his, we're going to a fancy restaurant which he picked and booked a table. On most occasions Chet picks me up when we go somewhere, but as the restaurant is closer to his place than mine, I insisted I would drive myself tonight and reluctantly he agreed.

Adding a small amount of lip gloss to my lips, I purse them before stepping back, taking in my overall appearance. I'm dressed in a tight black body con dress which comes to the knee, over my shoulders is my black leather jacket as it's a cooler evening, and on my feet are a pair of black pumps.

Letting out a deep breath, I tuck my curled hair behind my ear. I hope I look okay, when it comes to these things I usually ask Sasha's advice, but as Chet and I are keeping things on the down low for now and not mentioning anything to our friends, I thought it was best I keep it to myself or risk twenty-one questions.

Making my way back into the bedroom, I pick my clutch up from the bed and open it, checking that I have everything I need. Checking the time on my phone my eyes widen slightly, if I don't get a move on I'll be late.

***

Much to my surprise I arrive at the restaurant ten minutes early so rather than parking in the parking lot which you have to pay to park in, I park the car close to the sidewalk within walking distance.

Stepping out of the car, I close the door and lock it behind me, then slide my keys back into my clutch and pull my dress down softly, not wanting to stretch the material. Once my dress is in place, I adjust my hair, looking at my reflection in the car window, before turning on my heel, facing the building.

I make my way towards the building and round the corner to the entrance. The moment I do, I spot Chet standing at the door. He looks so handsome tonight, wearing black jeans and a beige-colored dress shirt, so tight I can see every muscle on his perfect body.

Smiling softly, I take another step towards him, and that's when I see her, a stunning blond with curls down her back. She's wearing a tight red bandage style dress and matching heels, she's beautiful, and she has a perfect smile, I know this because Chet just said something that made her laugh.

I take a deep breath and continue walking towards them; In this moment, I feel so awkward, I don't want to interupt, but what else am I going to do? I can't just stand here watching them.

Finally reaching them, I feel a twinge of jealousy hit me as I watch the pretty blond touch his arm, still laughing at his words. But as quick as the jealousy hits me I turn it off, because Chet isn't mine and I have no right to feel this way.

"Hey." I smile softly as I finally reach them.

Instantly, both of them stop talking and Chet turns to me with a smile. "Hey, sweetheart, you look beautiful." he says with a smile as he wraps his arm around my waist and presses a kiss to my cheek.