Chapter 47

Dev drove with Rolli on the passenger seat. He briefed her on the work Dipika had done and what he ha been doing. She nodded , taking in every nook and corner keenly.

''This the boundary. After this, the forest reserve starts.'' Rolli got down and stood watching the woods. ''This makes things dangerous for you.''

''How?''

''Thiswhat your grandfather used in his advantage, and this is what people who worked for him will use against you.''

''Its under government.''

''I know, but this area is huge.'' Turning to Dev she asked. ''Vicky had rampaged the area of your grandfather's supporters. Can I see that place?'' He nodded driving her to the near by village. The area looked haunted, lifeless.

''Are they neglected or reclusive.''

''Reclusive. Moreover, I don't care if they don't . I am glad they are keeping out of my work.'' He replied pulling her back but halted when she didn't move. His eyes moved in the direction which took her attention.

The Rathore Princess had her eyes locked with a man who stood at a distance watching them intently. The passer-by's would whisper something in his ear and walk away giving the couple a glare.

''Let's move. I don't want to take chance with you.'' Dev wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close. She didn't move and waited for the man to give up and he did. She smiled at Dev. ''Take an advice which my grate grandmother once gave us, look into the eyes of the danger and it will retreat realizing you are dangerous.'' With one last look she walked away.

When they entered the Palace, they were greeted by few visitors. "Who are they?'' Dev asked

''They have come with business proposal. They are paying us a good price for our land and will build a glass factory which we will have a share.''

''But you don't have the right to sell even inch of this land.'' Rolli intervened

''Shut up! No one asked your opinion.'' Vasudha replied, venom ripping her voice.

''I am not interested in selling even an inch of this land. You may leave.'' Dev concluded.

''We can make you a millionaire mr Dev.''

''He asked you to leave.''

''And who might you be?'' one of the men asked

Rather than answering, Rolli dialled Dipika briefing her on the situation.'' Something for all of you to hear.'' Rolli replied turning her phone speaker on

''To all present there. I am Dipika Rathore, other than me, no one holds the legal rights to sell any piece of this land. It would be better if I never hear of such unpleasant proposal.'' Rolli disconnected and gave the men and Vasudha a tight smile. ''Now about me. I am Aahana Ranvijay Rathore. Do you need more details.''

The men quickly walked away, the name was enough for them to retreat. Dev gave his grandmother a disgusted look before escorting the men out. Rolli took a step closer. ''The name I mentioned was to remind you who am I.''

''You are inviting your end girl.''

''Or on the contrary I could be planning yours. My aunt sacrificed a lot, she even had put her unborn child at stake. I won't let any of you play with her hard work.

''This is Suryagarh, my lands and I will do what I want to.''

''exactly, this is Suryagarh and I am the would be queen. Now you know what I meant.''

''If you want to live, you would step away.''

Rolli stepped forward making Vasudha step back, Rolli kept moving till Vashudha had no option but to lower herself on the chair. Rolli locked her to the chair. ''Netra will not be able to walk all her life. I don't think you would want the same. Don't trouble Dev using your relation, I won't spare anyone of you if you hurt him.'' Straightening her back, she smiled, ''I am going to come back soon and forever. Mend you ways before I chose something else.