Chapter Fourteen

"Mom, I don't know how to tell them all to leave," I complain. She sighs and wraps my hands in hers.

"Celia, if they aren't the one for you then they aren't the one for you. They should understand that," she says. She brushes the hair out of my face.

"I know who I want to stay. I know who I want in the top five but I don't know how to tell them that," I explain. She plants her genuine smile on her face.

"Then go ahead and do it, Celia," she states.

"Mom! It isn't that easy. You don't understand," I say. I immediately regret it and open my mouth to apologize but she stops me.

"It's okay. You don't need to apologize. I don't understand. The only other person alive is who understands is your father. And there are two things wrong with that. First, you really don't want to talk to fathers about guy problems. And, second, he was picking from 34 girls throwing themselves at him. Not 25 guys were trying to date the king's daughter," she says. I release a laugh that erases some of the stress.

"What do you mean 34 girls throwing themselves at him? Wouldn't it be 35?" I question. Her smile grows a little bit larger.

"I was the one who wasn't throwing themself at the Prince. I honestly couldn't stand the thought of being anywhere near Prince Maxon Schreave," she says. I laugh and accept her advice, knowing what I needed to do.
So, do you think she should get rid of 15 or ten? I really want to know your opinions! Please tell me. And do you all like the new cover? I hope there wasn't any confusion with that. Please leave comments!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.