14

Koustav could not see Ria the whole day....even the door was opened by Binni, sitting on the sofa, while taking off the socks, he was looking at every corner of the hall.....no one offered him water today.....he started to go upstairs, on her floor, he heard Titli and Ria giggling.....he stood there for sometime.....seeing someone's shadow approaching towards the landing, he quickly went upstairs......

His room was not organised today....his books,clothes and other stuffs were scattered everywhere...he was confused now how suddenly this messiness of his surroundings had started to bug him.....

He came downstairs earlier than usual ,at least he saw her, but she was busy in cooking.....Binni was watching tv with his parents, he said, " I want water".....no one gave any response....Titli was dangling her legs sitting on the kitchen counter, Ria told her something in low voice, Koustav found Titli keeping a glass of cold water in the front table, she said,"Dada, glasses are kept there, water is in fridge, if you need any more, serve yourself next time".....and turned back to her previous place......

After sometime, Koustav's father Sumit sat beside him....he wanted both Ria and Koustav to go there.....as he and Mita would be home to look after Titli....

During dinner, Koustav noticed Ria was having dinner sitting on a kitchen stool, neither she sat with them nor she served everyone....he might have been lost in his own thoughts...the ringing of a phone brought him back to reality....the tune was unfamiliar to his ears, it meant...it belonged to her phone, Titli hopped upstairs and fetched her phone,Ria took it smiling at Titli. The little smile that grew up on her face looking on the screen,was not missed by the eyes of Koustav.....she talked in the phone,the whole time eating.....not waiting for him to finish,she had bid good night to his parents, went upstairs taking Titli......

He lit a smoke, standing on the roof, started to think. His mind was confused, till yesterday he thought that the less he would see Ria,the more peace he would have.......he knew that he had overreacted yesterday....he should have controlled his anger....

He decided to deal with it the next day, went to sleep.

_________________________________________

Ria successfully avoided Koustav the whole day...the night time was her only time to study...Titli had started to practice maths while Ria sat to study....Ria was happy,someone was benefitted by her presence....Moreover, Ujaan had called during lunch,to her, he was such a gentleman,he had a unique way of talking,she could not cut the call during the dinner....

She had a habit of studying half lying on pillows.....looking up from her notes,she found Titli asleep, she kept her books aside and put off the lights....she had a habit of drinking tea or milk late at night....tha wall clock waa showing time of 1:30 am....she switched on the lights of staircases....she heard the same groans.....she decided to leave Koustav in his own situation....went down and put the milk on oven to boil it...He was still groaning ,when she was upstairs.....her mind was having dual thoughts,finally she went to his floor,to wake him, opened the door with a thud,switched on the lights....he sat up on the bed hearing the loud sound....Ria saw him covered in sweat, his eyes had fear .....she could not bear the sight, she started to find the water,found none.....hurriedly descended to kitchen,fetched some milk, and bottle of water.....Koustav could not utter a word,Ria held the bottle in front of him,he just nodded indicating his inability......she came forward and helped him to drink a little water,she sat on his chair,waited for him to sleep....Ria offered him the glass of milk, like a obedient boy he took it and started to sip it,she took the glass, when he ended having it....she left his room then.....

Her heart clenched seeing him in so pain....she slept that night crying and praying for a better time to arrive...

The morning alarm woke her up the next day, all the crying last night made her throat dry and paining....she needed something hot for drinking....
She went to make tea.....her eyes were shocked to see the view in kitchen.

Koustav was making tea....she took a bottle of water from behind him, turned to go to her room......Koustav's voice stopped her....his morning voice was husky and attracted her,she stood still....he offered her a cup, poured himself one....Slowly Ria took a sip of the tea....the tea had strong, but not burnt like the other day, her throat soothed coming in contact with the hot liquid......she sat on dragging a chair,as Koustav chose to sit on sofa....

She faced towards the opposite way,Koustav could not see her face...he started

Koustav: That day, my anger was unreasonable....I should have controlled myself...and thanks for last night....you helped me thrice.....but the things I said everytime,are completely true..

Ria: so you made the tea as a token of gratitude? I have not told you, but I want to clarify one thing, I am not here to take anyone's place.....no one can fill up her vacancy in your life....I know that from the very first moment of our marriage...

Koustav: I should have not dragged you in my mess...you deserve far better man than me. But nothing to do now...

Ria: The tea was good....thanks....you knew me from my childhood,I never went to anyone's house uninvited.....how could you say those hurtful words to me that I came to take place of your deceased wife? I did not proposed you to marry me! It was done from your side....any normal person would think that you want to give your life another chance......so now, You don't have to think anything about me.....

Koustav: Will you be my friend? Thats the only thing I can offer you...

_________________________________________

Hey lovelies, thanks for coming here and choosing this book...Do vote,comment and share the book.......enjoy the festive season...take care ...stay safe....♥️♥️♥️♥️