36. father

I'm going to start showing the POV of the chapter with these kinds of pictures instead. What do you think?

I stare at the gun he's now pressing into my forehead

I stare at the gun he's now pressing into my forehead. I look up at him with my mouth agape, not knowing what to say. Nico is standing a couple of feet away tugging on his hair, he lifts a hand and punches it into the wall before he rubs his hands over his face again.

What on earth is he doing? I glance at him, getting eye contact. He grits his teeth before he looks heavenward.

"Go on. You have a minute. Say your prayers." The man goes on. I gulp and look back at him, inspecting his face. His dark brown hair is slicked back until it reaches the nape of his neck. His thick eyebrows accompany his dark brown eyes. He is indeed very handsome. But he'd be much more handsome if he wasn't standing here in the rain with a gun against my forehead.

"I don't know what to say," I say as I keep eye contact with him, getting slightly uncomfortable.

"You're not going to beg for mercy?" He asks. I shake my head as I cross my arms over my chest, covering my breast. He raises an eyebrow in surprise as he shrugs, pulling the safe back. "Fair enough, goodbye."

His finger reaches for the trigger and I close my eyes. Soon enough darkness will consume me and I will be reunited with my parents.

"Father."

I open my eyes and look at the man in front of me again. He's smiling softly as he lowers his gun, turning to his son. Nico sends him a hard glare as he walks towards us. I think he's madder at me than he is at his father.

"Son." Nico's father says as he opens his arms for an embrace. Nico, on the other hand, doesn't plan on hugging him a bit. Instead, he stops in front of him with his hands behind his back and his body straightened, reaching the same height as his father.

"Indeed. Why are you here?" He asks him sternly, glancing at me. I curl my lips and tug my silk robe closer around me. The robe is pretty short and I feel as if I'm going to flash his father everything, not exactly what I want at the moment.

"Talk to me in that tone one more time and you know what I'll do. Do you hear me, Figlio?" He barks, taking a step towards Nico, lifting a finger. Nico gulps, a clear sign of intimidation and takes a step back.

"Yes, sorry father. To what do I owe the honor?" Nico fixes. His father nods one sharp time, turning his head towards me for a split second.

"That's personal things you and I need to discuss. But I thought I could stay for a little bit, I haven't seen you in a while. You never come down to Italy anymore. You have to keep up the family legacy figlio." He says as he puts the safety back on the gun. I let out a deep breath as he does. He quickly turns his head towards me. "I still have my hands, I can snap your neck in a second if you move one muscle." He barks, making me tense again. I glance at Nico who simply shakes his head once at me. I stay put.