Loki Laufeyson x Reader

The room was silent. The screen was blinking, and that was the only form of movement. Someone cleared their throat. You sighed and looked around the table.

"Well?" You spoke up. "There has to be a way."

Nobody replied. You knew it was a very hard mission, but surely it couldn't be impossible. You had defeated bigger threats before. So what if there was a magic barrier surrounding the enemy base? There had to be some ultra advanced science thing of Tony's that could get through it. You looked at him and raised your eyebrows.

Tony shrugged, fiddling with the pen in front of him. "I've got nothing. I'm sure nobody else does either."

"Actually," You looked at Thor, who had trailed off. His face was set in a frown, and he appeared to be thinking hard. After a few moments, he looked up.

"What if we counter magic with magic?" He said. Natasha sat up.

"You can do magic?"

Thor shook his head. "But I know someone who can."

He gave Tony a pointed look, making him frown.

"What are you....?" He stopped and his face blanked for a second, obviously having realized what Thor was implying. Then, he started vigorously shaking his head.

"No. No way."

"What?" You asked, eyebrows furrowing.

"Come on! He knows magic. He's incredible at it. That barrier is child's play for him." Thor argued.

"Who?" You tried again, wanting them to address you. After all, you were leading this mission. Everything from the barrier to whatever would happen inside the base was to be carried out by you.

Tony was still shaking his head. "Not him."

"Not who?" You raised your voice. "Hey, who is this guy? Tell me about him. I have to work with him. I should get to decide if he's okay for the job or not."

They finally looked at you, and Thor sighed. "It's Loki."

You stared at him. "Loki?"

"Yes, my brother."

You gave him a look. "I know who Loki is."

You stood up and stretched your legs a little. Steve was running his forehead, trying to diffuse a headache. Clint was twirling a pen around and around his fingers. Bruce had his head on the table.

"Is he in Asgard?" You asked Thor. He nodded.

"How soon can you get him here?"

Everyone in the room collectively turned to stare at you, making you raise your eyebrows.

"What?"

"Are you in your right mind?" Tony said. "The guy's a psychopath. We can't work with him."

"He's not a psychopath." Thor retorted. "New York was years ago. He's proved his worth. He's not the same anymore."

Tony rolled his eyes. "Oh please. No one changes. Not really."

You crossed your arms, tapping your foot. Tony caught the action, waving his hand to dismiss you.

"I don't mean you. You did change. But you always had good in you."

"And what makes you think he doesn't?" You asked. "Thor claims he has. And I might not trust him but I trust Thor."

Tony grunted, pursing his lips in thought.

"Tony," you continued, walking closer to him. "He's our only shot. Either we do this, or that entire town dies."