Chapter 5 - Up against the wall

"Do you really have to do that?" Cody asked annoyed. 

I rolled my eyes and lit my cigarette. I used to not smoke until the late afternoon, but now with school starting again and.. other stuff on my mind as well, I needed some extra relaxation. 

Cody hated my smoking, but he normally didn't really give me any shit. As long as it was only smoking, right? He rolled his eyes and patted my arm. 

"See you later bro" he sighed.

I nodded and inhaled deeply. As he walked to the school building, Nick and Jaxson ran up to him. They seemed very exited to see Cody again. He must have made quite an impression after just one day. But to be honest that was just the effect Cody had on others.

He was so beloved and the perfect son and brother. His grades were good and he was a great football player. Was there anything he was bad at you might ask? Nope not to my knowledge. And that bugged me so fucking  much. Not that I wanted him to be a failure or anything, but just one little flaw would be nice! 

I used to be very competitive with him. Who could work out more, who could get better grades, who could be a better football player. Now, all of that just annoys me. I stopped trying. 

I was snapped out of my trance by two soft hands suddenly covering my eyes. 

"Guess who" an oh so familiar voice chirped. 

"Amelie you are such a cliché" I said turning around but suddenly looking into Lukes big ass smile. "Thanks hun" he said, laughing his ass of. Amelie revealed herself from Lukes back, also giggling like a child. "I am sorry Blake but you should see your face right now" 

"Very funny guys" I said, shaking my head smiling. I was happy to see them again. It had only been one day, but it felt like I had known them forever. It was a good feeling. Except for Cody and my mom there was no one in my life. Ok that sounds sadder than it actually was. I used to not mind being alone. I had some Buddys and friends but I was happier when I was alone. Now these two idiots changed that in just under 48 hours. A big smile appeared on my face. 

"My dudes lets go into this hell and burn there together. I kind of don't want to be late" Amelie said. I put my cigarette out and followed my friends.

-

My first math class here. Well this was going to suck. Fortunately I had Luke by my side. Amelie had another class though. We headed for the back of the class, where there were still some empty seats left. Math was never one of my favorite subjects. 

My grades were ok, but I had to study way harder than for any other subject and that, my friends, was straight up bullshit I didn't need in my life. But ok, not much I could do about it. Just one more year and then goodbye math!

Camilla entered the room. Though I didn't know her very well, I kew one thing: she was a bitch. And I didn't care for her. But for some reason she spotted me and went straight for the empty seat next to me. 

Whyyyy?? 

Wasn't math bad enough on its own? Now I had to tolerate sitting next to someone like her? I used to get along with the popular mean girls at my old high school. As a quarterback they really wanted to date me. But after how they ended up treating me, I now knew to keep my distance. 

I scooped over to Luke on my other side with my chair but ended up making so much fucking noise that everybody stared at me. Including Camilla. Great Blake. 

"Now there is no need to be shy handsome" she smiled biting her bottom lip. Oh hell no.

I tried my very best to ignore her, but the whole lesson she kept trying to talk to me and even make some skin contact. Luke grinned next to me. He was enjoying this whole situation so much. I glared at him but he just lowered his head into his book and snickered.