Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen:

Bryce's POV

For once, I wake up to an empty bed, Blossom nowhere in sight.

I feel cold and deserted without her here with me, and so I shove the duvet off of my body before standing up from bed.

Spotting the pair of sweatpants of mine that Blossom had worn last night, I grab them from the floor before pulling them up my legs. It leaves me mildly concerned that Blossom is flouncing around the apartment half-naked, and I find myself crossing my fingers that that isn't the case.

After that dream she had about Anders, Scarlett, and I last night, I have the feeling that she'll be even more uncomfortable around those two.

Pushing that thought aside, I head out of the bedroom and into the living area. I'm immediately greeted by the sight of Blossom, Anders, and Scarlett all sitting in the living room, Blossom sitting alone on the loveseat with a book in her lap.

She's twirling her hair around her finger as she reads the book, a satisfied smile on her face. She has her legs tucked beneath herself and she's wearing a satin black nightgown that's extremely unlike her, her hair falling in soft waves around her shoulders.

She's completely ignoring Anders and Scarlett, both of whom are watching her from where they're seated on the couch across from her.

They have looks of confusion on their face as Blossom innocently turns over to the next page of her book, tilting her head to the side as she continues to read. It's as if she's in her own literature bubble as she ignores everyone else in the room around her, but I'd by lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed that she didn't look up when she heard the bedroom door open.

"Hey, fuckers," I say as I walk behind the couch where Scarlett and Anders are seated.

Scarlett raises her middle finger up at me and Anders scoffs as I make my way around the couch, Blossom not responding as she knows that I'm clearly not speaking to her.

Taking a seat down on the loveseat next to Blossom, she still doesn't look at me. She just flips to the next page of the book, still reading peacefully.

I'm about to open my mouth to say good morning to her just as Scarlett interrupts me by asking, "Is she pissed at all of us or something? She's refused to say a single word to Andy and I."

I narrow my eyes at her, not answering her question as I turn back to Blossom, considering that I have no clue if she's still
upset or not.

"Baby?" I ask quietly, and Blossom finally looks up at me.

She has a slight twinkle in her eye that has my heart feeling weak. She looks so sweet and innocent right now, and all it takes is me to pat my lap for her to crawl across the couch towards me.

She curls up in my lap, pressing her face to the crook of my neck. I kiss the top of her head, wrapping my arms around her small body. I can't stop the smug smile from creeping onto my lips as I look back at Scarlett and Anders.

Anders' eyes are scamming Blossom's body in a gross way, and so I squeeze Blossom a little tighter as I mouth the word 'Mine' towards Anders.

He rolls his eyes at me and I smile, reaching for Blossom's chin. I tilt her face upwards so that I can look her in the eye, then asking her, "You slept all right last night? After everything, I mean."

She nods enthusiastically, wrapping her arms around me. I notice that she's ditched the book that she was reading, and it's now resting where she had just been sitting. It's my copy of Persuasion, the one where I had highlighted the line that I got tattooed for her, and I smile at the memory.