Part 35 - Medicine

*Billie's POV*

I woke up the next day like the blissful usual, in Matty's arms. I loved saying that was how things usually went in my life, waking up next to him, happily.
He had obviously woken up before me because his eyes were open and he was staring at the cream ceiling, deep in thought. He hadn't even noticed I had woken up. His arm was under my pillow and his other hand was holding mine. I squeezed his hand and he squeezed back, still not coming out of his trance. His mind was completely devoted to whatever it was that he was thinking about. His forehead was creased, he really was thinking.
He closed his eyes for a second, nodding his head, then his eyes flew open.
"That's it!" He cried. He scrambled out of bed, grabbing his phone.
"Matty? What's going on?" I asked, but he was already out the door. I sighed, got up out of bed and followed him out. I could see him searching the apartment for a pen and paper, dialling a number on his phone to call.
"Matty. What the hell is going on?" I asked, grabbing his wrists before he could leave again. He exhaled, relaxing.
"What is going on?" I repeated.
"I've had this idea in my head for weeks, and now it's just come together and I need to meld it happen." He explained quickly.
"What is it?" I asked, fiddling with my golden chain necklace. Habit.
"It's a song. I'm sorry babe I really need to go and get George and the others and start writing this all down before I lose it." He said, kissing me quickly and leaving the apartment.
"Okay. Bye." I said, shocked. I watched the door close behind him.
I wondered what he was up to.

*Matty's POV*

I burst into George's flat. He was sitting on his couch watching some boring morning news show.
"George!" I yelled.
"Matty!" He yelled back, smirking.
"I have it," I said. "I have the song. It's finally come together." George grinned.
"I'll call the guys. Let's get this written down." He said, dialling Adam and Ross' number.
Twenty minutes later, all the boys were in George's flat, sitting in a circle on the floor of his living room.
"So I've had this song in my head for weeks. I've written down some lines on scraps of packets and the backs of fag packets, but I think I'll remember it all - if not you have to help me." I laughed. The boys nodded. I took a breath before writing the lyrics down, the boys looking over my shoulder at the piece of paper.

I find it hard to say bye-bye
Even in the state of you and I
And how can I refuse?
Yeah you rid me of the blues
Ever since you came into my life

I looked up at the boys. They all nodded eagerly - George got out his laptop to start up a beat and backing for it.
"Now this is the chorus." I said, writing it down.

Because you're my medicine
(Yeah, you're medicine)
Yeah, you're medicine
(You're medicine)

"Now I need a line here. Something romamtic." I said, tapping the pencil against my lap.
"I, I wanna marry you." Adam sang. My eyes flew open.
"That's perfect." I said, pencilling it in.

I, I wanna marry you
Said I, I adore you
And that's all I have to say bye-bye
And you opiate this hazy head of mine

"Sound good?" I asked the boys. They nodded excitedly.
"I love this already." Ross said.

Because you're my medicine
(Yeah, you're medicine)
Yeah, you're medicine
(You're medicine)

Because you're my medicine
(Yeah, you're medicine)
Yeah, you're medicine
(You're medicine)
(You're medicine)

I turned the piece of paper around, showing the boys so they could read over the whole thing.
"The fans are going to love this." Adam said.
"Yeah." Ross agreed, nodding.
Then George started recording the vocals, just on his laptop. This was only a first draft, after all.