Chapter 4: A Week with the Weasley Family

Snape had taken Harry to see Lily's childhood home, Sunday afternoon. The house looked really nice and cozy. The house was white with brown window frames, which matched the color of the roof and door. Snape said, "Another family lives here now, but this was her childhood home. It hasn't changed too much." Snape looks up at the house and points to the window on the second floor. He said, "That's the window to Lily's room. Her sister's room was across the hall." Snape lead Harry to the backyard. He remembers all the good times he had here. He said as he smiles slightly, "This is were Lily and I played, when we didn't play at the playground.... I remember her mother would bring out lemonade and cookies for us." Snape points to the tree nearby and said, "That where we always sat to eat our cookies and drink our lemonade.... I always felt at home here." Harry smiles as he hugs Snape. Snape looks at Harry and smiles as he hugs him back. After Snape showed Harry the house, he shared with him the memories of things he and Lily did together. They went home soon after to have lunch. The following day, Snape said, "Have you packed everything, Harry?" Harry double-checks to make sure he packed all of his things. He said, "Yeah dad, I'm sure." Snape smiles as he comes into the room. He sees Hedwig in her cage and Harry's trunk packed. He said, "Good. Take the cage Harry. I'll shrink your trunk. I've already packed my things as well. I'll drop you off at The Burrow on the way to Hogwarts." Harry smiles, "Ok, dad. Thanks for letting me stay with them for the week, before school starts." Snape said, "You're welcome, Harry. I'll come and pick you up on Sunday morning and bring you to Hogwarts. After you've had your breakfast of course. Merlin knows how much Molly will feed you." Harry chuckles as he picks up the cage with Hedwig inside. Snape said, "I have a week's worth of Nutrient Potion for you to take each day after dinner, while you're there, alright?" Harry nods, "Ok, thanks dad." Snape nods and said, "Come on, Harry. Time to go." Harry follows Snape out of the house. Snape said, "Take my arm, Harry." Harry takes hold of Snape's arm and holds the cage tightly, as Snape disapparates. He arrives just outside the Burrow. The Burrow was one odd looking house. Harry could tell that it was held together by magic. There were chickens roaming around out by the garage. Snape walks up to the door and knocks. A round dimple woman with red hair, opens the door. Snape said, "Good morning, Molly. I hope we aren't intruding." Molly smiles, "Not at all, Severus. You know you're welcome any time." She spots Harry and said, "And this must be Harry. Ron's told me quite a lot about you. Come in, both of you." She smiles as she steps aside to let them enter. They enter and look around. The kitchen alone was small and cramped. As was the living room. The kitchen had a table in the middle of the room with chairs all around it. The living room had a fireplace, an armchair and a couch, with a worn wooden coffee table. Harry sees an iron skillet being scrubbed on its own, in the sink. A pair of knitting needles was knitting in mid air over a chair. Harry sees a clock with 9 hands on it. She saw the hand were made of scissors. Each hole had a picture of a family member. Instead of numbers around the clock, there were words like: Work, Travel, Home, School, Dentist, Prison, Lost, Quidditch and Mortal Peril. At the moment, the hand with the photos of Ron, Fred and George was pointed to Home. Harry grins in spite of himself as he looks around. Snape said, "Is Ronald Weasley here, Molly?" Molly said, "Yes, he's out back, degnoming the garden, along with Fred and George. One of the chores they have to do." Snape pulls out Harry's trunk and enlarges it. He said, "Here is Harry's trunk, Molly. I will come and pick him up on Sunday morning after he's had his breakfast, alright?" Molly said, "Of course. He will be well taken care of, Severus. I promise." Snape smiles slightly at Molly, then turns to Harry and said, "Come here, Harry." Harry goes over to him and sets the cage on the table. he said, "Yeah, dad?" Snape pulls him into a hug. Harry hugs him back as Molly smiles. Snape lets go and said, "Harry this is Ronald's mother, Molly Weasley. You'll meet her husband, Arthur, soon enough. I have to go now, Harry. There's a meeting today that is mandatory for all staff. It's done every year before term begins. I'm going to miss you, Harry." Harry smiles sadly, "Ok, dad. I'm going to miss you too." Snape said, "I shall see you, Sunday, Harry." Harry said, "See you then. I love you dad." Snape smiles, "I love you too, Harry." Harry hugged him one last time before they bade each other goodbye. Snape goes outside and disapparates to Hogwarts.