Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons

Boom! Double update! I hope this will appease you guys because I'm going into a clump of work and probably won't be able to write for a week. So enjoy!!

....

The dinner ends with Taehyung's family being--more or less--very cordial with Jungkook. They asked him about his profession and interests, about Seoul and the cultural differences between England and Korea. It sparked an interesting conversation, but by the end of it, Jungkook is ready to go back to Taehyung's side once again. As soon as it is deemed appropriate, Jungkook breaks away from the table of family members and wanders over to Taehyung. He gently touches the boy's shoulder, and swiftly Taehyung looks up, his smile blossoming once again into one that is real and genuine. Jungkook smiles back, a light flickering flame blooming in his chest as he stares into Taehyung's glimmering eyes. He will never get tired of looking at this man.

"Did you get enough to eat?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook nods.

"Indeed. It was delicious. Did you enjoy it?" Jungkook quietly asks, his deep voice wrapping around Taehyung like a warm blanket and the blond boy nods.

"Tae Tae. Since it is such a pleasant night, we are going to go into the gardens. You and Jungkook should join us!" Juliet chimes and Taehyung smiles. He glances at Jungkook as if silently asking him if he wants to go.

"It is up to you, love," Jungkook gently says, happily surprising Juliet. When Taehyung was with Daniel, it was Daniel who always made the decisions. He never gave Taehyung a chance to state his opinion or reluctance. Juliet remembers the one time Daniel dragged Taehyung to a horror movie despite the boy's vehement rejections. Juliet ended up missing the last half of the movie so she could help Taehyung through a panic attack after he ran from the theater and crumpled in the hallway. Jump scares aren't for everyone. Especially for those who are always put on edge because of their lover. And Taehyung was very sensitive because of Daniel's treatment of him.

"It'll be fun, Tae. Besides, I wanna ask you and Jungkook all the juicy details of your relationship," she says, wiggling her brows jokingly which has Taehyung giggling.

"For you, we'll go," Taehyung laughs, slipping out of his chair as the party moves from the dining room to a giant garden at the back of the house. There are small twinkling lights strung from tree to tree, adding a whimsical look to the romantic garden inspired by some classical Greek sculptures and labyrinth paths. Taehyung and Jungkook walk hand and hand, a gentle breeze ruffling Taehyung's hair and fluttering all around them.

"This is beautiful," Jungkook exclaims in awe, his eyes absorbing all of the details so he can write a place like this later on. Gorgeous green grasses and lush bushes, intricate marble statues and gravel pathways. There is a gazebo in the center lit up by tiny ornate lanterns, a circle of chairs along the outskirts of it and a small fire pit in the very center. The group wanders over to the gazebo, filling the space as they lounge about in chairs. Juliet sits in one across the circle from Talia and Daniel before tapping the seat next to her for Taehyung.

"My grandmother spends a lot of time perfecting the gardens," Talia brags to some of her awestruck friends. Taehyung silently sits next to Juliet, looking back at Jungkook as the rest of the party settles in. Jungkook notices Taehyung's stare and smiles softly.

"Would you like something to drink, Tae?" Jungkook questions and Taehyung's eyes widen a bit. That is exactly what he was going to ask. How did Jungkook know what he wanted without a single word said?! "Your aunt made a new blend of tea; did you want some of that?"

"If you're fetching drinks, bring me a beer!" one of the guys call out, and soon everyone else is shouting a drink order at Jungkook as if he's a servant. He cocks a cool brow at them, showing an icy disdain in his gaze before glancing back at Taehyung.