Chapter Seventeen

Summer POV

My laughter rings through the bedroom as I watch Ryan perform another Michael Jackson song as he gets ready in the bathroom. We both were in spectacular moods and we had reason to be.

I place my lilac flower crown on top of my head and smile at myself in the mirror. My dress gave the vibe of summer in all its purple joy. Long and multilayered skirt with a lace top.

"Ohhhhhh shiiiiiit, this my song!" Ryan yells as he walks out of the bathroom his brush to his lips, acting as a microphone.

The familiar tune of Beyoncé Love On Top fills my ear and I face palm. This was the song he choose to perform before proposing to me.

Singing the lyrics, Ryan pulls me close while staring into my eyes. My grin couldn't stop as all I could think about was that picnic and the bees. I snort and playfully bites at me.

"You should've checked the insect season before planning that picnic," I tell him.

Ryan laughs, "you have told me this many times and it will not change the fact that it happened."

A giggle escapes my lips as I lean back and begin to fix his tie and his cuff links. Ryan leans down and places a kiss on my forehead causing my heart to flutter.

"You ready?" Ryan asks.

I sigh, "I guess, I'm just hoping your mother will realize this is my day and—"

"My mother will not be there today, my father made sure of that," Ryan explains.

His father? Oh no. I hope I didn't cause any problems between them.

"So everything is going to be fine and who knows maybe when we get back we can get a little nasty between the sheets."

I playfully punch Ryan's arm as he laughs. Of course this horny dog would be thinking about sex. I firmly believe in not having sex while pregnant and I most definitely don't feel my sexiest being this big. So, Ryan has been suffering for a while.

"After our kids are born, and I'm fully healed,  we can get nasty between the sheets, Okay?"

Ryan could only hum as he laid kisses on my neck. My body submits to him as I let out a small moan of pleasure. I forgot about how good this feels. Ryan growls lowly in my ear and I felt myself pulse as my arousal grew.

The moment was taken away from us when I let out a quick yelp from one our babies kicking a little too hard. Ryan chuckles as he gets to his knees and lays a quick kiss on my stomach.

"Stop hurting mommy," he says causing me to laugh.

Ryan stands up, grabbing his phone as we stand in front of our mirror and take a few pictures together. Now this was perfect. This was happiness. This was the Ryan and Summer love that I knew. The love I cherish.

The love I will never again forget about.

"Alright, I think we're ready for the party," Ryan cheers.

"Not yet, can we talk first?" I ask him.

Ryan frowns and I sigh as I pull him closer to me. I don't want our love to get lost again and I need him to know that. We needed to make a promise to each other to make this work.

"I love you baby, and I'm forever in love with you, we hit a hard spot these past few days and I just want you to know that it did not stop me from loving you, I promise you that will never stop and I promise —"

My words took a pause as I notice the discomfort in Ryan's face. What? Why does he look like that? Ryan takes a step back away from me while his eyes stare at the ground.

"Baby, when we do get back home we will have a talk about something serious," Ryan tells me.

Questions began to rise in my head about a number of things I knew I wasn't guilty of. Weakly, I nod my head as our finger intertwine and we make our way out the doors.

As we walk towards Ryan's truck I notice a letter underneath the windshield wiper. My heart sinks as I sigh, she will never let me have peace. Ryan grabs the letter and opens it.

"It's from your sister... she said that she went back to Vegas and she left a picture," Ryan tells me.

A confused hum rises in my throat as he hands me a picture. It was very old with a weird orange tint. A tiny girl who looked like me stood there with another girl who appeared to be a teenager. In the background it was a woman and a man and I could only assume it was their parents.

I flip over the picture in confusion as I read; Your Real Family.

"Babe, she's claiming that you were adopted into the family after 1886 and progressed generation to generation... that you're a—"

"No."

I hand Ryan the photo back as my body began to overwhelm itself. I could feel the distressed tears already building up, but I was not going to let this ruin my day.

It's not uncommon to find old pictures that look like you from decades ago. We've all went through evolution, but I do not deny science. My sister can keep her stories to herself.

"Let's get to the party," I tell Ryan as I pop open the door and climb in.

He only sighs as he stuffs his pocket with the paper and climbs into the driver seat. The ride along the way was awkward and gloomy. My day was already tumbling downhill and I just want it to go so smoothly. To just be happy for my twins.

"Babe..." Ryan says softly.

I sniff and turn away from him and stare out the window. Watching the trees surround us as we drive deeper into the woods.

"It's not that serious, it's only a harmless prank and I'm sure your sister is only trying to get under your skin."

Am I ever going to be happy here?

The car stops and I wipe the tears from my face. At least, I can pretend to be happy.

"Summer." Ryan grabs my arm and I turn to him. "You're blocking me out again."

"You don't love me no more."

"And when did I ever say that?"

"You couldn't even promise to love me forever, you just want to talk after the part is over."

"I will forever love you, Summer, if I had stopped loving you we would have never made it this far. If I had even thought that we couldn't make it this far, you would not be pregnant with my kids and we would not be planning our wedding soon," Ryan tells me.

He grabs me by my head and passionately kisses me. My body hums as our lips lock in sync.

"I love you and I promise to forever be in love with you, Summer," Ryan whispers against my lips.

I crack a smile as my body began to feel weightless.

"That's all I wanted."

As we pulled away, I saw the love on his face, but his eyes still looked troubled. I wonder what's so important about his y'all that it has him so distorted.

We made our way inside to the smiles, the balloons, the food. Princeton quickly embraced me in a hug and I couldn't help the happy squeals that left my mouth.

"Hey, baby girl," he yells.

I laugh as he placed me down on my feet and went on to hug Ryan. Xavier stepped from behind him and I was happy to feel nothing towards him. No pull or electricity when we touch.

We hug quickly as he gives me a congratulations. Lydia attaches herself to my hip as we step outside and that's when I felt it. The light rumble of cramps.