Chapter Forty

Lastnight was the best nights sleep I had manages to catch ages. Normally i was awoken early for one reason or another, but today was different. I was able to sleep in and actually able to sleep well. It was peaceful and there was no mention of vampires of any kind and waking up day I felt refreshed and in a good mood.

I'd been awake for a few hours and had decided that today was going to be a lazy day, i wasn't going to be dealing with anything that I didn't want to today, it was all about chilling, they'd be no Elena, no Arguments, and no having to get dressed.

It was nice to be able to just laze around my bedroom in my pyjamas with no worries...Right now, because i'm more than possitive that they'll be some soon rather than later.

But the term 'Lazy day' had never really meant what it was supposed to, to me. it was supposed to be where you could chill around, watch TV and movies, pig out on as much food as you wanted and stay in bed all day -or something similar. But to me all that it had in common was that I stayed in my Pjs.

I'd spent the whole morning locked away in my bedroom reading...Reading 'The Sargent' folder I had managed to swipe un-noticably from the university yesterday. I tried not to because I felt like i was invading some unknown boundary of privacy in Hollee's life, but the folder had been sitting patiently on my desk, watching me just as I watched it and eventually I just couldn't take the curiostity any longer.

I wasn't quite sure -now that I've read it- whether the 'Isobel' woman was completely nuts or Hollee hadn't been quite that honest about herself. I really hoped that Isobel was bonkers, but with my luck and the supernatural already exsisting i'm really starting to believe it was the latter option.

"Lillie, you in there?" Aunt Jenna called through the closed door.

I quickly closed the folder and slid it under my pillow before reaching across and grabbing a hold of a random book off of the my bedside table, 'The Secret Garden.'

"Yeah?"

The door creaked as it pushed open and Aunt Jenna poked her head around. Her eyes widened as she took in my form. "Why aren't you dressed yet?!"

I just looked at her. "I'm supposed to be dressed?" I asked.

"Yes, I've go-"

"Jenna?" Alaric voice called from downstairs somewhere, cutting her off. "There's something boiling over and I don't know what it is exactly."

Jenna sighed, but a happy smile was on her face anyway. "Okay, I'm coming." She shouted back and then looked and me sternly. "Get up. Get dressed. Now."

I nodded and she smiled before backing out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I put the book that I hadn't even open back down where I got it and pushed my duvet off of me. I was completely confused as to what was happening, but i knew better than to argue with Jenna on these things so I walked over to my wardrobe and just stared at it. I really didn't want to get dressed today, all of my clothes that I actually like needed washed, but I hadn't quite gotten around to it yet- I really should do that soon.

Just as I pulled yanked open a draw the doorbell rang.

"Lillie! Get the door for me, please!" Jenna yelled.

I frowned. "But you told me to get dressed. I'm not decent!" I lied.

"Well put something on then and answer the door!"

I sighed heavily and left my room, not even bothering to respond, I'm sure she could hear my heavy footsteps on the stairs as an obvious answer anyway.