House Call.

Nestled within the forest was a cabin in the woods

Nestled within the forest was a cabin in the woods. Complete with lakeside views, a wrap-around porch and a tin roof. The quaint lodge serving as the perfect home for the fully retired Avenger; the simple life he for the longest time had been talking about. 

Built straight out of the soil the home's striped lumber structure sat surrounded by a full fleet of pine tree's. The dense, foliage covered woods providing the right amount of natural shade from the sunlight which trickled down. 

The home parked itself in front of a shimmering bed of water, accompanied by a dock which sat positioned on the edge of the rocky shore, a small dinghy boat tied to the timber wood railing as it bobbed compliantly with the rippling current. The mid-day rays of sun twinkling down onto the reservoir. 

The cabin one of the few places I had been able to feel peace within these past few years and I always looked forward to my visits. 

Creating a havoc-ridden divot in the peace though, I came with my loud, blaring helicopter. It's thrashing rotor blades nearly ear-splitting as I went to land. The tree's whipping harshly from the effect's of the wind I was kicking up as a few branches broke off. The forest bending away to accommodate my decent. 

Maneuvering the throttle and the collective lever I killed the engine and touch downed onto the dirt path. The sharp skid's cleaving into the pine needle covered ground and slowly the revolving blades came to a stand still. 

"Hey, you just scared all of the fish within a five mile radius." The retiree himself reprimanded, fishing pole in hand, greeting me the second I hopped out of the cockpit. 

"Sorry, but I brought a peace offering. You know, for disturbing the serenity of the wilderness." I conceded, waving a bag of Burger King triumphantly in my clutches. 

"Oh, thank God. Do you know how long it's been since I've had a cheeseburger?" Tony remarked, swiping the fast food paper bag from me immediately and digging in with as much desperation as he had when eating again after being stranded in Space. 

"You know, you could get it yourself. Maybe actually go out into the world sometime." 

"Nah, me and society? We don't really get along anymore," Tony gibed, unfurling the silver foil from the gooey cheeseburger and taking a full mouthful. "I'd much rather be out here living the simple life with Pep, our Alpha Female and of course, our alpaca, Gerald." 

"You got an alpaca, really? How does Pepper feel about that?" I taunted, the ground beneath my heeled boots covered in moss and pinecone's. 

"Okay, fine. She's not totally on board with it yet, but I know that eventually dear, sweet Gerald will worm his way into her heart," The Iron Man confessed, licking the cheese residue off the sides of his mouth. 

"But, anyway... Speaking of the Alpha Female, here she comes now. A one girl army." 

I followed Tony's hazel eyes as his daughter came into my line of sight, running up to me as quickly as her little legs could take her.