42

FAY

"El, what do you suggest? The blue one or the purple one?" I asked Elroy, raising both scarfs to his view.

On the screen of my laptop, He hesitantly looked up from his sketch pad analysing my cream sweater and Jean shorts.

I noticed he wasn't wearing a suit today. He was wearing his dark oversized creamed coloured designer sweater, and I was pretty sure he paired it with his infamous Jean like Slacks.

He had left for work before I woke up. He didn't even let me know he was leaving. But that didn't matter to me, as long as he hadn't rejected my video call.

"You need to get a girlfriend." He stated with a blank look on his face.

I smiled sweetly at him. "Why would I need one? My boyfriend is a fashion expertise, he knows what goes with what. So, pick... Blue or purple."

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Purple, obviously. You should know stuffs like this." He answered.

"I do know stuffs like this, I just wanted to get your own opinion." I said, throwing the blue scarf on the bed. "So, purple it is, thanks."

"Yeah. Where are you going anyway?" He asked as his eyes went back to his sketchpad again.

I froze.

I should have known he'd ask me this.

"Um," I started. "I'm grabbing breakfast with Lucas."

His eyes snapped to mine in an instant. "You're what?"

I gulped. "Grabbing breakfast-"

"I heard you the first time, Fay." His voice changed, he didn't look too happy with the news. "Why are you going out with him?"

I sighed. "To have breakfast, El. Just a normal breakfast between friends, nothing serious. He had asked me out to dinner the other night and I had to raincheck because- well, because of you. But now, since I don't have anything in my schedule for this morning, I thought I could make it up to him."

The look of disbelief was clear on his face, but he didn't act on it, instead, he asked "Which restaurant are you both going to?"

I gulped down, knowing he wouldn't like my next reply.

"Restaurant? No... Uh- we're not having breakfast at a restaurant. We're having breakfast at his house."

"Excuse me?" Elroy ask indignantly. "You're gonna go all the way to his house for breakfast?"

"Yes, Elroy. He has a wonderful family, you have nothing to worry about." Yeah, I had to add family to my sentence, so he'd feel at ease, but the real truth was that, no one was actually home, it was just Lucas.

He remained silent, staring at me.

"What? You don't want me to go?" I asked.

He blinked, looking away. "I'm busy Fay, I'll talk to you later."

"El-" the video call disconnected immediately. "Damn it, he's mad." I muttered to myself.