Home Is where The Clown Is

Mike had snatched some ropes off the wall and tossed them down into the well. We all stood there for a moment, petrified with fear. We all knew what waited for us down there. That clown with his piercing blue eyes and a way to wiggle into your mind to hunt down your darkests fears.

We didn't want to go down there, I mean, who would? But, we knew that we would have to. Bev was down there, and we had to save her. She was a loser now, and I said it best when I stood up to Mrs. Kaspbrak:

"Us losers look out for each other."

"Who's going first?" I asked, and for some reason my voice came out as a croaked whisper.

I was scared. No, not scared, I was terrified. I didn't know what to expect IT to turn into this time. I'm not even sure why he's been coming to me as my friends, all of them dead. Like they're all gone and just...just leaving me behind. Leaving me alone.

"I'm sure as hell not going first." Richie shook his head taking a few steps away from the well. "What about Eddie?"

"Fuck you, I'm not going first! I'm not even sure I can make it down that rope! I don't know if you've noticed, but my fucking arm is broken Richie!" Eddie said, pointing at his cast.

"Oh my god, we don't have time for this." I rolled my eyes, grabbing a hold of the rope and climbing up on the side of the well.

"(Y/n), be c-careful! W-w-weird stuff has been happening to you, I don't want you to g-get hurt." Bill said, steadying me with his hands on my waist as I stood on the grimy old stone.

"Bill, it doesn't matter what happens to me. Right now Beverly is in danger, and that's what we need to focus on." I shook my head.

"(Y/n) now is not the time to play hero. You had all of us really freaked out, so, maybe you're in a bit more danger than you think." Stan warned.

"Stanley, if you keep talking, you're going to psyche me out. I'm going first, and we're going to get Bev, and get the fuck out of this hellhole."

"Fine. C-climb down until you find a little p-pa-passageway. That's wh-wh-wh-where you get off." Bill explained.

I just nodded as I made my way down the rope into the dark abyss of the well. I looked up, seeing everyone's faces looking down at me. It almost put me at ease until I looked down and I relaized there was no way to tell where the bottom of this thing was.

My palms started to sweat and the rope began to slip through my fingers. I could see the opening that Bill was talking about now, only about a foot below me. If I could make it there, I would be safe, for now.

Just as the thought of safety crossed my mind, I slipped down the rope. I clenched my legs around the rope and thankfully came to a jarring stop. The overwhelming smell of the sewer filled my nose and I could slmost feel the vomit rising in the back of my throat.

"Holy shit! (Y/n) are you okay?" Mike asked, his voice echoing around me.

"Um...no. I'm suddenly not so sure that I could do this!" I called back, my eyes screwed shut as I clung to the rope with all the strength I could muster.

"Don't be a pussy!" Richie shouted.

"Richie shut up! I highly doubt that this is making her feel any better!" Eddie scolded him.

"Yeah, one slip up and she's a goner, Rich. You don't want that do you?" Ben asked.

"None of you are making any of this better!" I shouted, prying my eyes open. I was about eye-level with the opening now. Going up, I guess.

"Sorry!" Ben called.

I hoisted myself into the opening, cringing at the cool, almost slimy feeling of the cemet tunnel. I sat in the dark, moist cave, waiting for literally anyone else to come down with me. Eddie, Bill, and Stan had flashlights, so preferably one of them.