Ch.9 Love You

I know I told I was taking a break... but I just couldn't leave this chapter halfway through and thought why not just complete it.....

Pooja's P.O.V

Arjun's cast was removed two days back and he has been extra active since then. We had a small barbecue party at the Murthys backyard yesterday night. Their daughters along with their husbands had come for a week holiday.

It has already been six months since my marriage. And everything has changed compared to how our first month together had been. Since the time Arjun confessed his exact feelings, things have shifted between us a bit.

But in a good way.

Atleast for me.

He's become more cuddly and affectionate. And all that is getting to my head and it's like I'm back at Highschool. Blushing the moment I hear his name or go dumb just feeling his presence behind me or always waiting for him to smile at me..... I have no idea if it's for the good or bad.

Hoping for everything to end well, I drift off into a dreamless sleep...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A couple hours later, I wake up to some one knocking on the door and calling my name. Not bothering to switch on the lights I walk to the door, cursing when my foot hit something hard. Opening the door it was equally dark outside, just like my room. All my sleep vanishes as I panick when a shadow zips past me and blindfold my eyes from behind.

Reflexively my hand reaches to grab the blindfold but before my hand can reach its destination, a strong hand pushes mine back to side. My heart beats as if to be let out of its cage, terrified to move or even breathe with a pair of hands restraining mine to my sides and warm breath falling on my nape. I feel the person's head nuzzling in the crook of my neck....

"Pooja.....", he breathes in.

My throat goes dry while my palms sweat and goosebumps rise all over my body.

"Ar....Arjun...", he kiss me from my crook up towards my ears. I feel like fainting and if not for his hands holding me, I would already be on the floor. His left hand leaves mine and settles on my waist, just where the split of my Salwar top ends. The top rises a bit when his thumb brushes past my bare skin. He nibbles on my earlobe before placing a kiss. My body shudders involuntarily at the feelings coursing through my body.

His hand stops torturing my waist and his right hand settles on my shoulder. He pushes me gently and asks me to walk. He guides me outside our cottage and we turn towards what I think is the Murthys cottage. The only sounds that can be heard are from my anklets and crunch of dry twigs and leaves under our feet along with hoots from owls and the water hitting the shore.

Arjun makes me take turns, first right, then left, again left, then right, then right, again right....leave it. It's just confusing to think. Finally we end up somewhere and Arjun tells me to be careful as there were three steps to climb. Climbing the steps, we pass through what seems like the doorway. Then again we take several turns and I finally hear a door creaking open and again there were steps. Kindly enough Arjun tells me we were climbing down exactly twenty three steps.

After the twenty three steps, we walk again on what seems like soft cotton balls and suddenly the blindfold is removed along with Arjun's hand. It was dark and I turn around to see Arjun, but he was no where to be seen. I call out for him but there was only silence. A bell sound comes from my right and I walk towards it.

Suddenly lights come from all the sides and I shield my eyes with my palm. Slowly blinking I adjust to the light and remove my palm from my face. I see an old grandpa clock, it's arms showing midnight, twelve o'clock. Seeing movement to my left I turn and my jaw falls down at the sight in front of me. I stand there blinking not able to process what was happening.......