Ch.12 .......The End

Pooja's P.O.V

I pay for the taxi and turn towards the building. Slowly I make my way towards the ICU. I had waited for everyone to settle and the hallways and living room to be cleared before I left the house. Just like Arjun wanted.

My mind told me to stay back and prove myself. But how? That single question had no answer. Only if Megha was here with me. I had no idea what I was going to do. Since I'm not alone here. I had another one more life inside me. A part of Arjun.

I can see Ajay, sitting forward with his head in his hands. Also my parents on the other side. Mother was red in her face crying out while father held her close. I walk up to them.

"Ajay. How's Megha?", my voice hoarse.

"Why? Came to kill her, if she's not?", his voice mirroring that of Arjun's.

God! How am going to explain this to him., "Ajay I would never hurt her, please believe me. She's my sister, I cou--"

"Why don't you leave all of us alone?", it was mother who spoke.

"Mom, I --"

"Don't call me that. Megha might not me my daughter by blood, but she is the only daughter I have. And you. You were never my daughter. Not even by blood. I should I left you the day your mother decided to kill herself. She was nothing but a slut. I even hate to think of her as my sister. And you are always a reminder of her. So please, just get out of everyone's life and help us atleast that way.", hate and disgust lacing her voice.

I stay put on the spot, afraid to tell something or anything. All my life had been a lie. Suddenly feeling cold, I hug myself and walk out of the hospital. To where? I had no destination in my mind. Letting my legs do their work I aimlessly walk through the dead of the night.

I felt numb. A mixture of hurt, anger, sadness, all together empty. The only person I loved never wants me in his life. Whom I thought to be my parents were never my parents. They wanted nothing to do with me. And the only remaining person who loves me, is struggling for life.

Arjun. I know there was more to what he told me, was the reason he wanted me out of his life. My hand automatically goes to the pendant he gifted me on my birthday. My fingers continue to play with the locket. But no matter what I was going to love him till my last breathe.

Tiny droplets of rain start falling, soaking me. I hug my arms and start rubbing it to get some kind of heat.

From what my mother, or should I say ex-mother, had told, I was her sister's daughter.  That left the question of who my father was? Was he still alive? Did he even care for me? If he did then why leave me with my aunt.

Aunt.

I chuckle to myself. Who would have thought the person you call mother today will turn out to be your aunt tomorrow.

I was deep in my self pity party, that I do not see the car speeding towards me from my left till it was too late.

The headlights blind me and I stay rooted in my spot till I felt the car hit me, throwing my body into the air. As I fall back to the ground pain courses through my head, back and abdomen.

The last thought I had before blacking out was my baby.......

.
.  
.
.
.
.
.

*****************************************

A really short chapter.....

But I did make three updates today......