bacon brown sugar

knock knock 

"you're late." 

"sorry; bacon brown sugar waffles take a while to cook. but i'm here now." 

"what about ten minutes ago when i was having a waffle emergency?" eden asked as she paid for the waffle box. "i was close to death." 

"you look fine to me," he replied, smiling. 

she sat down and opened the box, and immediately, the room was filled with the savory smell of bacon. even the delivery boy, still standing in the doorway, could smell it and knew that it would taste good. 

eden watched him ogling the waffle bits before laughing and asking, "you want some?" 

"i thought you'd never ask." 

she went and got forks for the both of them while he poured syrup over the food. once she handed him a fork, he instantly dove for a piece. before he could get one, eden snatched the box away from him. 

"i don't share food with strangers." 

"not even delivery boy strangers?" 

"i might make an exception if you tell me your name." 

he raised an eyebrow. "angelo." 

"italian?" he nodded in response. 

"how old are you, angelo?" 

"sixteen." 

"you look older." 

"i get that a lot." he sneakily dipped his fork into the box and ate a chunk of a bacon filled waffle.

before she could say a thing about it, her phone started playing a bring me the horizon song. eden clearly recognized this ringtone and knew exactly who was calling by the second ring. 

"aren't you going to get that?" angelo asked, gesturing towards her buzzing phone with his fork. 

"uh, it's no one important. they can call back." 

he raised another eyebrow. "who is it?" 

she reluctantly replied, "my sister." 

"why would you want to avoid your sister?" he asked with a mouth full of waffles. 

"it's," eden sighed, "sort of personal. i just don't really want to talk to her." the phone stopped ringing. 

"you guys must've gotten into a big fight for you to not talk to her. what of your parents? do they know you're arguing?" 

at the mention of her parents, eden stiffened. she stood up and took the waffle box away from angelo. "you should probably go now." at that, she walked to her room. 

angelo stood up, confused. "did i- say something?" 

her response was silence.

• • • • •

i'm working on updating this more frequently :) also, i've changed my name from @Winnderful to @windows_

are any of you guys going to read malene? haha, no this isn't my attempt at guilting you into reading it; that'd be lame. i honestly just want to know so i can either start writing it or start writing something new :D

☯don't forget to follow, vote and comment☯