9. Get Over It

((Hadrian will be used in conversations mainly but other wise it will still be Harry))

After his outburst on the whole thing Draco was still fuming while everyone was quiet besides the sound of crying getting louder, Severus just started to rub his back gently to try to stop the tears that were in full flow.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy you will stop this petty childish behaviour now or so help me" sneered his father making both Draco and Harry jump in their seats. Draco hung his head and sighed while Harry turned his head into Severus more and gripped tightly onto his robes still crying.

"Draco I have no idea why you both are at each other's throats all the time but this will stop, right away. This is not how a Malfoy should act" again his father sneered at him, making the boy nod.

Draco just mumbled something under his breath but Severus caught it, due to his years of being a spy "Draco please enlighten us of what you have just said" this made the boy jump out of his skin.

"I said it would of been better if he took my hand in first year ok!" and he was about to walk out when Narcissa closed the door with her wand, "run that by us again Draco" she wasn't happy.

"When we first met at Madam Malkin's before first year, then on the train. If he had taken my bloody hand back then, none of this would of happened!"

Harry sat bolt right up and sneered "well lets just say my relatives are monsters, Ron was my first ever friend in my life, I knew nothing of the Wizarding World, I didn't know I was famous!! Someone treated me as just Harry for the first time in my life. You just seemed so up your arse that I didn't want to know you, you remined me of them!"

Everyone was quiet not even an House Elf moved within the house.

"Harry just calm down for me ok. Draco didn't mean any of that" whispered Severus into his ear relaxing the child on his lap, the child was shaking with anger and frustration all he wanted to do was leave this mansion and sleep, he wanted nothing more to do here and Severus knew it. ((going to leave it as Harry here as it is now a nick name Severus will use more than anything))

"Hadrian, son take this potion and try to get some rest while the rest of us discuss everything ok" said Severus as he handed Harry a Calming Draught which he took right away, relaxing into a light sleep on his father's lap.

"Draco listen and listen well, I will not have myself repeating what I'm about to say am I understood?" asked Severus to the blond boy opposite him, only to gain a nod.

"Very well, Hadrian here has been abused all his life, he no's nothing but pain and guilt. Whatever he did was always wrong and was punished for it even if it wasn't his fault. They wouldn't allow him to eat anything besides scrapes if he was lucky enough to get anything at all, he just had water once maybe twice a day, again if he was lucky.

They made him do House Elf work, treated him least than an House Elf to be the better term really, they raped him, broke his bones, he was locked in a bloody cupboard under the stairs for ten years, there is so much more but you don't need to know that.

Get over it and think about someone other than yourself for once you brat, you had a five star up bringing compared to him. He is only here because I rescued him from those monster's that Dumbledore sent him to.

You Draco have a loving family he never has and it's going to take so much time for him to understand that, he hates loud noises, screams you name it it's there anything unexpected really. His appetite is something we are working on, as you saw he wont take anything without being allowed to, only at school he's comfortable with it all.

So please Draco get over this pettiness of yours because he didn't take your hand of friendship before you both started school, he's a wonderful kid if you took the chance to get to know the poor boy, the same with him" finished Severus and then looked at the child now completely fast asleep on him, light snoring into his father's chest.

"I never knew..............." said Draco now feeling so guilty that he had picked and bullied the poor boy, he didn't know what to say or do to help the situation that was now on his plate.

Lucius and Narcissa looked at their son knowing that he had a lot of thinking to do on his part and hopefully both of the boys would try and form some sort of friendship as the school year continued.

Draco got up to leave the room, thinking of how he would go about apologising to the boy, who looked so much smaller that he knew from school.

"Severus thank you for knocking some sense into that boy, he only thinks of himself and we are to blame for the whole thing, we never thought something like this would happen but sadly it did" said Lucius after a House Elf brought in more tea and a thin blanket for Harry as he was now spread out on the sofa with his head in Severus' lap.

"He needed to hear the truth and as the saying goes...... the truth hurts.... and it does and I hope in due time both of them will come to an understanding of each other".

"Lets get these paper's signed shall we before someone decides to rise from dream land" smiled Narcissa towards the boy who still had a handful of Severus' robes.

"Lets" was all that the two males said and within ten minutes everything was signed and went to the Ministry to be filed along with the adoption papers into the Snape family vault.

updated: 22/11/19