Chapter 58

It was October, 29th and Halloween was in 2 days.

Woah, this week just has flown by! That's crazy.

Plans for Halloween? The same as last year! NOTHING. "I'm such a loser." I said to myself. "Whatever. I still have Lestat and chocolate for Halloween."

I grabbed my iPod and put my headphones on; taking a nap sounded like the best idea. I played my music and let out a deep sigh. "Nap time for me. Nap time for me." I sang as I pulled the covers over my head.

It may have been half an hour when a weight made the end of my bed go down. My eyes snapped open and I slowly took off my headphones, trying to see if I heard something. A hand started to trace my leg and went straight up to my hips. Millions of thoughts went through my mind and I knew I had to do something.

Option 1: scream and hope someone will hear.

Option 2: turn on my not-so-effective badass mode and try to punch him.

Option 2 it'll be.

I quickly tried to get up and threw the covers over whoever was this creep touching my leg. I jumped over the person and wrapped my arms around their neck. 

"You got the wrong girl creep!" I said, trying to squeeze harder.

"You're so weak." A husky voice said under the covers. Then I heard a laugh and my blood was already boiling in that moment. 

"Of course it had to be you." I harshly pulled the covers off. A mop of messy curls was seen followed by two piercing emerald eyes.

"Oh come on angel." Harry said amused. "You know you're happy to see me."

"Yeah, look how happy I am." I said sarcastically. "I'm in ecstasy." I rolled my eyes and went back to bed.

Soon I felt Harry's body next to me and his hand going down to my jeans zipper. I grabbed his hand harshly and pulled it away from my body. "Can you think about something that doesn't involve making out or getting touchy with me when you lay in bed?" I asked slightly annoyed and tired. 

"No." Harry said straight forward.

I mouthed a 'wow' when I heard his reply. He clearly wasn't ashamed of it and I would say that he even seemed proud and good about it. I rolled my eyes at the thought of him being what he really was, a player, and got even more annoyed. I wrapped my arm around his waist and carefully placed my head on his chest.

"W-what the fuck are you doing?" He questioned me, shocked.

"Teaching you other things people can do while laying in bed." I said, closing my eyes. "It's called 'cuddling', if you haven't hear about it. And surprise! It doesn't involve sex or steamy make out sessions."

"Boring." He said spat out.

"Sh." I hushed him. I grabbed his arm and put it around my waist. "Can you sing to me or something?"

"I don't sing." He said harshly.

"Then just talk about whatever." I said, ignoring his obnoxious attitude. "I just want to hear your voice." I whispered. I had my eyes closed so I didn't see his reaction, I just felt how his body tensed and soon relaxed when I started caressing his arm. 

“darkness falls upon Humanity
and faces become terrible
things
that wanted more than there
was.

all our days are marked with
unexpected
affronts - some
disastrous, others
less so
but the process is
wearing and
continuous.
attrition rules.
most give
way
leaving
empty spaces
where people should
be.

and now
as we ready to self-destruct
there is very little left to
kill

which makes the tragedy
less and more
much much
more.”

"Bukowski." I whispered smiling and getting closer to his body. When my hand accidentally touched a piece of bare skin from his stomach, Harry's whole body tensed; but this time even more than before, or any of the other times I had gotten closed to him. “Why do you always tense when I do things like hugging you, caressed you or just when I placed my head on your chest?” 

He stayed in silence a while but then spoke. "I'm not used to it." 

"You're not used to it?" I said, lifting my head and resting my chin on his chest. "You're not used to what?"

"How you treat me. The way you're with me." 

"And how do I treat you? What's the way am I with you?" Harry looked away and I could see how his jaw was clenching. "Harry?"

"You're caring and nice with me when I'm a fucking asshole. Like in a way I haven't seen in years in Humanity; a truly sincere way."

"And that's something bad?" I asked confused.

"I don't know. I guess it depends how you look at it."

We stayed in silence for a while. I was playing with his necklace while he was staring at the ceiling, thinking about something I supposed; at least that was what it seemed. Suddenly he broke the silence. "What are you going to do for Halloween?"

I cocked my head, confused by the words that just had come out of his mouth. "You celebrate it? I mean you don't look like the 'treat or trick' kind of guy."

"Well, I don't do the classic treat or trick." He said, smirking in a mysterious.

"Then what's your kind of trick or treat?"

"Come with me on Friday to the Halloween party and you'll see."

"You know I don't like parties." I whined. "Couldn't you show me now?"

Harry shook his head and smirked. "It has to be the night of Halloween, angel. I promise this party won't be like any other. It'll be fun, come on." He started to caress my face with his lips, sending goosebumps all over my body. "I really need you there. Please."

An inner battle was taking place inside me. My brain was telling me to stay strong and don't give in to his wishes, that going to that party wasn't a good idea; but my heart was telling me to go with him because something about him may be uncovered, I would get to know him better and get closer to him.

"Fine." I said, finally. "I'll go with you to that stupid party."

Harry smiled and kissed me. "I'll pick you up at 9 on Friday."

"Don't make me regret it, Harry." I warned him.

"I promise this is going to be the best and most special party you have ever gone to."

"You should go before Rue gets here."

He laughed and I couldn't help but smiled when I heard his laugh. "You want me to go then, angel?"

"No." I whispered, burying my face in his chest. "I said 'should'; advice or suggestion."

The curly haired guy laughed again and this time he also placed a kiss on my head. "I'm not good at taking advices or suggestions so I'm not leaving." He lifted me up and carried me to the bed, carefully placing me on it. Then he laid down next to me.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

He grabbed my hand and put it on his chest. "I want you to keep doing what you did before." He said, almost in a whisper.

I smiled when he pulled me even closer to him. "Ok." I said as I started to caress him. 

We stayed like that, enjoying each other's company. I really liked this side of him. Why he can't be like this always? He doesn't need to pull out his badass attitude, at least not with me.

God Harry, why are you so hard to figure out? I hope with going to that party I'll know what's going on with you.

I'll have to wait and see.

...

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry I took an eternity to update but I've been really really busy with Uni and as most of you know, it's my last year so I have to focus. I know it's not that long but hope you like it.