Sickness/Disease

Spooktober. 7

*3RD POV*

Peter had just begun college. He'd gotten into MIT like he and Tony talked about. He loved it so much but he had to admit, it was hard. Unlike all his other grades, he had to really study. On the bright side, there was slightly less homework. It was always just studying and tons of tests in tons of classes.

Peter stuck his key in the keyhole and opened the door to his dorm. He was about to leave to go visit May and then stay at Tony's for the rest of break. Harley sat inside, his packed bags at the side of him. "Hey man." "Hey Harls. What's up?" "Nothing. Just about ready to leave. You?" "Same with me." He coughed a bit. Peter was slightly drowsy but it was probably from lack of sleep.

"You ok Pete?" "Yeah. Just a little cough. I'm a bit tired." "Well. You have all of Christmas break to get it out of your system and sleep as much as possible. That's what I'm doing," he said humorously. "Yeah, true. I'm excited to see everyone. It's been a while..." Harley laughed. "Dude! You call them like- every other night!" "But it's not in person! And I only have time for a few minutes..." "Yeah I know." "I wish you could come. It would be tons of fun." "Yeah... but I've got my fam to hang out with. I'll text you soon." "Ok see ya."

Peter hopped in his car and drove off to May's, who had been overjoyed to see him. They sat and talked for hours and after a large amount of hugs and kisses from his aunt, he left to Tony's small lake house.

"Psst. Hey Morgan," Peter whispered. She was in her small tent playing with her toys. When she caught sight of Peter, she gasped in delight. "Petey!" "Shhh. I want to surprise your dad." She smiled brightly.

*LATER*

"Daddy?" Tony turned around from what he was tinkering on to see a pouting Morgan. "Hey sweetie. What's up?" "The-there's a spider in my room." "Huh. Looks like we've got to deal with that, don't we?" She nodded, keeping the pout on her face though, it was hard not to smile from the perfect idea.

"Ok you've got to show me where that spid-..." Peter sat there on the young girl's ceiling, grinning. Tony couldn't hold back his smile but continued playing along.

"Oh wow... that's a really big one..." He then smirked. "Should I get the broom?" "NO-"

"Daddy it's Peter!" Morgan exclaimed laughing. "What?! No way!" Tony exclaimed. "Hey Tonysat Peter jumped down as Tony sat Morgan down on her bed for a second.

"Hey Pete!" He hugged his kid tight. "Oh wow. You're almost on par with May on the hugs," Peter grunted. "What? No, that can't be right. She squeezes the living shi- crap out of you."

Peter laughed. You should've seen her earlier! It was a lot of fun but when she hugged me, she hugged me really tight, like, I couldn't breathe- and I have super strength!" "I wouldn't doubt that she could crush a human being with those hugs. Last time you almost died and happened to be ok- I hate that I said that casually- I witnessed one of those bone-crushing hugs." He shivered.

"Anyway, how about a movie?" "Yeah! Let's do Moana!" "Sweetie we watched that twice last night. Just. Last night." "Uh... big hero 6?" Peter suggested. "Yeah!" "I'll go make dinner. Go get comfortable."

Later that night when Pepper got back from work, the three of them were bundled up in blankets, Tony holding onto the two kids protectively.

The next morning, Tony woke up on the couch with both kids missing. He walked to the kitchen when he heard the freezer door open.

"Hey little miss. What're you up to? You know you're not allowed juice pops until after you've eaten." "Its for Peter. He doesn't look like he feels very good. Since juice pops always make me feel better, I thought it'd help." The man's heart twisted. Whether it was in worry about Peter being sick, or it was adoration for Morgan at her pureness and kindness, he didn't know.

"Bring me to him." "Okay!" She lead him to Peter's room and into the bathroom. He was leaning against the wall, his head tipped back next to the toilet. "Hey bud. You alright?" "Just peachy," He rasped. Tony chuckled a bit. The sarcasm was obviously something Peter picked up off of him.

"Here Peter! I got you a juice pop!" Peter visibly got sick just by thinking of eating. His cheeks puffed out slightly. "I... What do you say you eat that for me, huh Morg?" "Really?! Thanks!" "No problem."

"Hey! You gotta eat breakfast first!" "Ok!" She called. "So kid. You up for some medicine? I've got some in the cabinet." Peter groaned. "They don't even work. What's the point?" 'Oh yeah.' He thought. 'Fast metabolism'

Tony hummed thoughtfully. "I bet Bruce's got some in the lab. Some that were made for Cap." "Ok. But I-I'm fine. I don't want you to waste that stuff." "You're not wasting it. You're sick." "I just... don't want it?" Tony narrowed his eyes. "...Okay... It gets worse, you take it. Deal?" "...Deal." "FRI I want you to notify me if his temperature gets higher." "Of course boss."

"How'd you get this anyway?" Tony asked when they moved to the couch. "Uh... probably from all the all-nighters i've pulled and basically living off of Kraft Mac and cheese and lucky charms." "Yep. That'll do it. By the way, how's Harls? You two are roommates, right?" "Yep. He told me to tell you he said hi." "Ok. You can tell him the same."

After a moment of comfortable silence, Peter finally spoke. "I thought I couldn't get sick anymore..." "What?" "With my spiderpowers, I normally don't get sick. Does that mean it's bad?" Tony sighed. "No kid. With what you're apparently living off of and not sleeping, it might've screwed up your metabolism and stuff." "Yeah..."

"Boss it appears that Mr. Parker's temperature has gone up," FRIDAY said after a while of watching a movie. "What is it?" "Approximately 103.4." "Alright Pete. C'mon." Peter Just grumbled.

Tony rummaged through the cabinet in Bruce's lab. "Found it! Let's go kid."

*TIME SKIP YEY*

Tony's phone rang for a 4th time that hour and was finally answered by Morgan. "Hello?" "Morgan?" "Hi mommy!" She exclaimed. "Hey sweetie. What's dad up to? He hasn't answered his phone." "Uh..." she looked over her shoulder to see Peter and Tony on the couch asleep.

"They're sleeping on the couch." "They're?" "Peter And Daddy. Petey was sick this morning. Daddy helped him get better." "Oh. Well that was sweet of him. When he wakes up, tell him I'll be home in a bit." "Ok! Bye mommy!" "Bye Morg."

As she was informed, she found the duo asleep on the couch when she got home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words- 1173

Oof that was bad 😂