Chapter 62

Raiza's POV

Two weeks.

Two weeks since I haven't seen Harry or heard from him. That's good, yeah it is.

Two weeks feeling like someone had ripped my heart out leaving with this overpowering feeling of emptiness and an overwhelming feeling of sadness. I've never felt like this before. All I've been doing is crying so bitterly. If I stop crying and think I don't have any more tears to share, I'm wrong and I start crying even more than before.

I looked like shit but I couldn't care less. This was the first time I had given my heart to someone and they do exactly what they promised wouldn't do, hurt me. Love is the most beautiful yet hurtful feeling humans can experience. But what happens when it's all based on a lie? I'll tell you, you end up broken like me. If someone tells you they love you but it's all based on a lie from the very start, that's not love. They just used you from their own sake and benefit. I'm too naive and stupid for this world. 

I rolled up in bed, squeezing my knees closer to me and as expected, I started crying again. 'Why?' was the only thing on my mind, it was like it was on repeat. Why did he do that to me? Why me?

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes the bright red numbers on my clock let me know that it was 3:28 am. I rolled myself, facing the ceiling. It seemed darker than ever and cold steam.

A sense of overpowering fear engulfed me. I have never had this sort of feeling before. It was as if you knew something was wrong, but couldn't place just what it was.

The darkness on the ceiling started to move and form something; similar to a human shape but not quite that. The shadow, now above me, leaning closer to me and open its mouth. I tried to move but it was useless; I was petrified. It was that thing again, the black figure. It had come for me and nothing and no one was here to hamper or prevent it.

I was having trouble breathing; my back arched as that thing suck my life out of it. I heard a noise and manage to see that the door had come down, making a loud bang and soon someone's figure ran towards me and held me.

The dark figure did a strange noise as it was screaming of anger. I was quickly moved out of its captive rite and didn't hear well what it was going on since I was dizzy.

I felt a pair of familiar arms being wrapped around me. "Harry." I whispered, relieved to see him.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" Harry asked worried.

I shook my head. I was still trying to figure out what the hell did just happened. "H-how did you-"

"Something was bothering me and I couldn't sleep. I-uhm-I honestly don't know how I ended up here." The tone in his voice was a mix of confusion and worry. "Maybe I should go."

I squeezed his t-shirt. "Please don't go." I begged.

"W-what?"

"Stay with me, Harry." I said. "Please." I honestly didn't care how vulnerable and desperate I sounded or whether I may have made ​​a fool of myself in front of him. I needed him to stay. Even though he had lied to me I knew he was the only one who could make this thing go away, whatever it was haunting me, he could make it go away.

He remained silence for a few minutes and then let out a deep sigh. Harry stood up and walked over to the door, leaving me with a feeling of emptiness. He wasn't going to stay, of course. He must have had a better company waiting for him. I turned around to face the wall and covered myself again with the sheet. I heard the door closing. He was gone.

I was alone again. Why did Rue have to stay out tonight? Why did these things have to happen to me?

I felt the sheet being pulled up and someone crawling into my bed. I stiffened. Oh God, please not again, I thought. A pair of arms were wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to its body. "I'll stay with you." I heard Harry whispering in my ear. My whole body relaxed when I noticed it was him. I turned around to face him. He smiled at me. "You owe me another. This is like the third time I save you." He said. "I'll have to start charging for my superhero services." He laughed.

I joined him and laughed with him. Then, I buried my head in his chest and let out a deep sigh, which soon turned into sobbings. "I-I w-as so sca-red, Harry."

"Ssh." He hushed me, calming me down. "It's ok, angel. I'm here with you now." 

We remained silent for a while. He was caressing my back until I was able to control myself; but suddenly the urge to ask him took over me. I needed to know. "Why?" I asked. The curly haired guy pulled back a little and looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "Why did you do that to me, Harry?" I asked again.

His lips parted as he was going to say something but stopped. He seemed to be looking for the right words to say and explain, if it was possible, the shit he had done to me. "I'm sorry." Harry said almost inaudibly.

"That's all you have to say? I'm sorry?"

"I don't know how to explain it Raiza."

"How about you start telling me the truth?"

He sat up and let out a deep sigh. His eyes were locked on the wall in front of us, he didn't even dare to look at me. "I don't think you really want to hear it."

"Tell me." I said, sitting up. "You owe me that."

He ran his hand through his messy hair and slowly turned his head to me. "I wanted your soul." My jaw dropped in surprise when those words came out of his mouth. "I wanted your soul and therefore I needed to gain your trust to accomplish it."

"Y-you wan-ted to k-kill me." I stuttered in shock. I quickly got up of my bed; I needed to keep my distance with him. "Y-you wanted-"

"But I couldn't." He cut me off. "Fuck, you're soul is the purest I've ever seen in my whole damned existence and you don't know how bad I wanted it. But with you..." I heard Harry getting up of bed as well and walking over to me. "With you everything was different."

"You still want my soul." I said with my back towards him. "You still want it. I can't trust you, Harry. And I'm not going to either."

I felt his hand being intertwined with mine and his chin was resting on my shoulder, his lips just a few inches from my neck. "I know I'm just a heartless demon who only cares about getting what he wants but I'm going to find a way to fix this."

"Good luck with it." I said, jerking away from his touch. I lay down in bed and covered myself with the sheets. Within seconds, I felt his body next to mine; pulling me closer to him. My body stiffed in response to his sudden touch.

"Seems now I'm not the only one who reacts like this to the other's touch, uh?" He whispered against my neck.

"I'm tired." I said. I really didn't want him to think he still had some control over me. Well maybe he still has but he didn't need to know that. 

"Sure." The tone in his voice seemed off. "Go to sleep, angel. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." I turned around and looked at him incredulous, raising an eyebrow at him. Was he serious? "Just go to sleep, ok?"

I rolled my eyes at him and turned around. Rue had a cross somewhere in her drawer so just in case he tried something; that might help. Maybe. Yeah.

My eyes started to feel heavy and before I knew it, I already had fallen asleep.