4.3

so basically I just took this chapter and added stuff to the end so this is the last chapter enjoy bye

-

It felt like Saturday took forever to finally come around, but when it did I was practically running around my house because I was so excited.

I had the same feeling in the pit of my stomach that I used to get all those months ago, when Ashton and I first started talking to each other. I actually liked it, because the nervous feeling in my stomach proved to me that I still loved Ashton just as much (maybe even a little more) as I did before.

I was walking through my kitchen, about to go upstairs to begin getting ready for my date with Ashton tonight, when I almost ran head on into my mother.

"Oh, hi." I said, startled from her suddenly appearing.

"Hi." She said, barely glancing up at me. She walked past me and further into the kitchen, stopping at the island. "We're going out tonight, so your father is going to leave you some - "

"I'm going out tonight too." I blurted out, because there was just no way I could possibly keep this a secret, even from my mom. I was too excited.

"Oh, with who?" My mom asked, raising her eyebrows at me. I hadn't gone out in a while, so I could tell why she was surprised.

"Um..." I said slowly, wondering if I should just lie about it. I decided to tell her, because I didn't want to keep this whole war between us over Ashton going forever. I wanted to put an end to it, and I figured that now was a good time to do so. "I'm going out with Ashton."

My mom looked up suddenly, a surprised look on her face at my mention of Ashton. "Ashton. Really?"

"Yeah." I nodded, taking a step back, just in case I needed to make a break for it and run out of the room.

"I thought you and Ashton broke up?" She asked.

"We did, for a while actually, but we're trying things again." I said softly, looking down at the floor. I should have just lied, I should have just told my mom that I was going out to Brooke's house or that I was going to get something to eat with Luke.

"Oh." Was all my mom said. She looked back down at her phone, like she was trying to ignore me. I started to walk out of the kitchen, feeling as if this conversation was over now.

Before I was able totally escape my dad walked in, almost bumping into me as well. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's - "

"Danielle is seeing Ashton Irwin again." My mom interrupted, not letting me speak for myself.

"Oh." My dad said, his eyes getting wide.

I was getting pretty fed up now, because I couldn't understand why my parents wouldn't just accept the fact that I really loved Ashton and he loved me. I knew that they were just trying to protect me, but it was getting out of hand now. It was annoying me how I felt that I had to keep my relationship with Ashton a secret just because I knew that my parents wouldn't like it.

"Can I say something?" I asked, my heart already beating faster than normal at how nervous I was.

"Go ahead." My mom said bitterly, still staring down at her phone, it was like she was glued to it.

"So I know that both of you are just scared because I'm dating Ashton, considering what's happened in the past, but I'm getting really tired of how you treat him. I totally understand, really, that you just want to protect me because I'm your little girl and you don't want me to get hurt." I said slowly, still scared that I was going to get yelled at for saying this. "You just need to understand that I know what I'm doing, and you may think that it's a bad choice for me to be with Ashton but it's my choice, not yours."