Sixty One

Noel

October 3

October 3

"You know.." I told boomer as I ate some of my chipotle while we sat on the chair in his living room "I should beat all of y'all asses for volunteering me to be some kinda bait"

"Shutcho dumbass up. You ain no bait"

"Well Whatchu wanna call it then?"

"You know what, you been talking since you woke up and I brought you some food hoping that would keep you quiet but noooo. You still talkin"

I frowned at boomer and he laughed before standing up

"You don't have to be rude you black bitch. Is this how you treat guest everytime they come over?"

"You ain't a guest. You family so you'on matter"

"Wowww.. just wow"

I looked over at the tv and saw a picture of Kayla and Micah which made me smile

"I love how you love Micah like he's your son"

"That is my son. Whatchu mean" boomer chuckled then scratched his head "Nah but Forreal I really do love that lil boy"

"Ion know what y'all waitin on. Y'all need to go ahead and get married"

"That'll happen when the time comes. For now we just chillin"

"Whatchu waiting on? You love her?"

"Yeah"

"Can you see yourself spending forever with her"

"Duh Noel"

"So Whatchu waitin on trulondrick?"

"Marriage change shit"

"Nothing changed about me and Kentrell. Only my last name.. and plus we just didn't have as much sex anymore but I think it's because we don't make time to"

"And I ain ready for that. I need all the sex I can get"

I smacked my lips and he laughed

"Forreal boomer. Kayla's happy, Micah's happy you happy. Y'all already look like one big happy family"

"I'll think on it"

"You better.." I mumbled while eating my food again. Boomer walked out of the living room and then walked back in after a while with a blunt in his hand, lighting it up

"You know what. I ain even surprised you and yb lasted this long"

"Why you say that? Y'all thought I was gone be another one of his rounds?"

"At first... yeah"

I dropped my mouth open and looked at him some type of way and he laughed

"Chill. I'm just being honest. You know how that nigga was before y'all got together"