14: One of my Goals

Jhamal Hillsin

Same day 1:36pm

The drive was quite as only the sound of the GPS was heard. It wasn't awkward it was thoughtful. We were both in the same car thinking about each other. Thinking about that kiss. It was like a cure from all pain and suffering. She was a cure. Her lips tasted like honey maybe it was her lip gloss. They were so plump and soft. But I scared her away by slipping my tongue in her mouth. I didn't regret it tho I wanted her to forget about the pain of her past and that was my plan. I was just worried I came off too strong but she opened up to me so I guess I didn't. That pain in her eyes when I got those gifts for her I could tell it triggered a memory. I wanted to see happiness in her eyes when I get her gift. Thats just one of my goals.

I turned to see her eyes focused on the road. She didn't like anyone else but her driving her car. I could tell by her body language at how she drove her car. It was one of the random things I had noticed about her. I paid attention to her and read her body language a lot. Just to discover who she is.

"You could play some music". Her soft voice said. For some reason my attention couldn't leave her lips. Her pink plump lips. My attention was redirected to my phone. I plugged it to her cord then selected a playlist and instantly No Guidance by Chris Brown started playing.

I looked at the GPS to see where she was driving. The houses looked like we were in the hood ,were I grew up. We moved when I got a business deal and I got my mother and sister out of there.

Melanie parked at a house with a red door. It was a two story building and there was a red Toyota parked right in front of the garage.

"I brought you here because I feel comfortable with you and strangely enough you calm me down so I am on my way to trusting you" Melanie said then gave me a letter that was sent to her. I read it then was in shock about her life." Apparently this is were she lives and I needed you with me in case it was a serial killers house instead". Melanie continued and I smiled knowing I was slowly making my way into her heart.

"You trust me"? I asked with a sly smirk on my face. I watched as she face palmed her self and just shook her head.

"Is that all you heard"?

"Nah I was listening". I shrugged smiling then got out to open her door for her. She grabbed my hand and I could practically feel her heart beating.

"You got this she ain't nothing to be scared off it's your mama". I said looking into her dark brown eyes and holding both her hands in mine. I then pecked her lips just for encouragement. I could see that my kiss had calmed her down and she nodded as we walked towards the house.

Melanie Freda

1:42pm

I anxiously knocked on the bright red door can take a step back with Jhamal's hand in mine. I wanted to be prepared for the truth I was bout to hear and Jhamal just made me feel more safe with that kiss from earlier.

We waited for 10 seconds at the least and this gave me time to examine the house. Outside the steps there were shoes arranged in front of the door. I could see one was a pair of Jordans about the size of a teenagers feet. Then they were a pair of red heels, specifically 1 from an expensive brand. Did I get the wrong house?

The door finally swung open and I raised my head to see who was there. There was a woman with dark ebony skin almost exactly the tone as mine. She had dark afro hair that reached her shoulders. Her eyes looked just like mine; dark and brown. At that moment I finally understood that this woman was my mom.

"Oh my god Melanie is this you"? She asked with tear full eyes. I didn't even know how to react. I felt betrayed by both my "mom" and dad even this woman in front of me. If she really was my mother why would she only reach out now I turned eighteen six years ago so why now? I felt overwhelmed with a mix of different emotions all at once.

"Yeah". I simply replied squeezing Jhamal's hand. He let go of my hand and pushed me to the direction of my mom.

She hugged me so tight I felt as if she was squeezing my lungs.

"I'm so happy you got the letter, oh my god you grew up so beautiful". She cheesed with happy tears streaming down her face. I still didn't know how to react. I felt she was my mom once she hugged me I could feel her motherly love but I was spooked.

"Please, both of you come in". She said opening the door wider for us to enter her house. Jhamal and I walked in hand in hand, again.

"Yall can sit I don't bite". She said with her voice filled of happiness. But I didn't want to sit. I wanted to leave. What if she only contacted me for my money? I didn't even feel an emotional attachment to her she didn't raise me someone else did. My whole life was a lie but regardless I loved my "mom" more than this woman. This woman was drunk and she didn't even try to get sober but my "mom"still took care of me and was there throughout my life until she wasn't.

"No we don't have time actually I have an appointment in 10 mins and my office is 15 mins away so I need to get going". I lied and felt Jhamal squeeze my hand but ignored him.

"Oh...well it was nice seeing you here's my number please call me". She said giving me a note then Jhamal waved goodbye and we left.

"Why'd you do that"? Jhamal asked as we got into my car.

"I don't want to talk about it". I said simply starting my car.

"Ok". He said in a soft voice almost in a whisper. I could feel him burning a hole at the side of my head with his eyes. I ignored him then stopped at a red light.

I then turned to face barely having enough time to take in his features. I couldn't quite understand his facial expression so I turned my attention back to the road.

"What"? I snapped still feeling his eyes on the side of my face.

"I can't observe your beauty"? He said making my heart flutter. I didn't reply to him and simply kept my eyes on the road.

We finally arrived back at my office and I stopped my car. I felt Jhamal gently turn the side of my face to his and attach his lips to mine. I could feel my heart beating widely as I proceeded to kissing him back. After a minute or to we broke the kiss and said our goodbyes then he got out of my car and I watched as he walked to his. I then felt the pool in between my legs and became shocked at how this man could make me aroused just by kissing me.

I needed to get my feelings in check before I get my self in trouble.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Vote, Comment, Share