Chapter 39 - The Best

Amanda Estelle

I looked at my dinner blankly and my grandfather tapped my hand. I looked up to him and he gave me a sad smile.

"Why did you choose to back off?" My father asked and I turned to him.

"It's his dream, father. I don't want to take it away from him." I said truthfully as I grabbed my fork to eat my salmon steak.

"It means you both love each other, isn't it the time for you two to be together?" My grandfather asked and I shook my head.

"I can't be selfish. He wants to be king.. so I don't want him to lose that just because of me." I said as I put down my fork again completely losing my appetite.

"I've been thinking about it.. and I think I should move to America for awhile." I said as I looked at the both of them.

"Mandy.. running away from this won't solve anything." My father said but my grandfather nodded.

"If you want to go to America, then go. I don't you to be sad here and besides you'll meet and hangout with new friends." My grandfather said.

"Father!" My father warned my grandfather.

"If she's still here.. she will be sad." My grandfather said and I closed my eyes.

"Mandy, this is your chance to be together and be happy. You can be selfish sometimes and if he's willing to do that for it means he's serious." My father said trying to convince me to go for it but I can't. I don't want to ruin his happiness.

"No, father. I'll move to America next week and you can't change my mind. It's the perfect time too to find a husband to take all my heritance and besides I want sooner or later, I will expand my wings in America." I said and my grandfather nodded.

"I told the King and Queen to proceed with to wedding and coronation faster. I won't be his way anymore.."

"Why are you risking your friendship on the line, Mandy? You've been friends with him for years.. can you at least believe and trust him? You can't runaway like this." My father said and I shook my head right away.

"In the end of the day.. I know we can't be together, father. I can't leave the business to be with him nor he leave the throne to be with me. One of us has to sacrifice but we can't." I said truthfully.

"Loving for 6 years is enough, we both already reach our limit." I added and my father sighed.

"Father, you should help her! Why are you supporting her decisions?" My father bursted angrily and my grandfather turned to him.

"It's more complicated than it looks, Victor. If the two of them are meant to be together, they both will find a way to be together but for now.. they can't."

"I'll pack my things starting for tonight and since you still have your apartment in New York.. I'll move there, I hope you're okay with it." I said to my grandfather and he nodded.

"Mandy, this is too much okay?"

"Father, please.. trust me. I'll stay in New York until he settles down. After that I'll comeback here.." I said and my father sighed. He looked at me sadly but in the end he gave me a weak nod. I stood up and left the dining room. My maids followed me back to my room to help me pack.

I looked at myself at the mirror after packing for awhile and the necklace and bracelet that he gave me still on my body. I took it off and put it into a small box. I put it on my luggage and I stood in front of the mirror once again. I never took it off but now seeing myself without it feels so weird.

I'm sorry, Logan. It's for the best.

I sat down in front of my vanity and I looked at my phone. Logan texted me but I didn't dare to open it. I took out the SIM card and cut it. I turned off the phone and I already asked my secretary to buy me a new one. I put the phone into my drawer and locked it. I got up and continue to pack.

Someone knocked on my door and my father walked in. I told my maid to go out and my father sat on my bed looking at me sadly as I packed my things.

"Mandy, you don't have to do this." He said and I turned to him.

"Father, I have to. I can't let him do stupid things like leaving the throne." I shook my head.

"He loves you.. you both deserve to be together."

"Father, he gave up his dream for me because he knew I won't." I sat down on the ground as the emotions piling up.

"He knew that I won't give up my dreams." I repeated and I found myself crying. My father walked to me and pulled me into a hug.

"There there.." He patted my back as I cried in his arms. It was so tiring for me to keep my feelings from Logan and now I have to let him go. I want him to be happy too even though we both have to get hurt. I will take all the pain and maybe he'll thanked me one day.

"I love him, father. I love Logan.. a lot." My heart was hurting to bad like someone was stabbing it. It's something that I have to do and I won't back off.

"You both will find a way." My father whispered.

"I hope not.. we both have to stay in our path."

"Mandy, when will you stop being stubborn." My father sighed.

"It's for the best.."