Chapter 10 : Behind The Scenes

Deanna's POV

Did I come to the right place? I looked at my phone to check the location that Namjoon sent me again.

Yeah, I'm at the right place.

I can't just see the reasons why Namjoon's house is thrice bigger than our house and the Jeon's house combined.

Is his dad the president?

Maybe the president of some company, I highly bet that.

As I entered the place, there are guards roaming around the field, the front gate, and the main door. Yep, totally a place where a president lives in.

When I reached the front door of this huge mansion, guards were overly exaggerated about inspecting me. They took the box from my hands -which is a gift for Namjoon.

"Hands up," I quickly followed what they said and then they started touching my body.

Oh my god, what's happening?

They know what places are appropriate to touch in this kind of situation, but they see me as a man so they thought I didn't have boobs.

Well, technically, I have a problem about having boobs, but they're still there!

"Uhm, sir, am I clear now?" I asked. The huge guy didn't even bother to look me in the eye and he just nodded his head at me, so I grabbed Namjoon's birthday present from them.

Once I got the approval of the guards, I walked inside the mansion and I was welcomed by a row of butlers holding trays in their hands.

"Good evening, sir." One of the busy butlers greeted. I only greeted back with a timid smile.

Just like the last party I've been to, it is also loud in here but there's something missing. The party is a little off-beat and there's only a few chitchats happening around different corners.

Surprisingly, no one's making out.

While roaming around, my stomach suddenly growls and I decided to visit the kitchen to go and grab some edible stuffs.

I opened the enormous fridge and there are dozens of cake inside, technically it's Namjoon's birthday so it's normal to have a cake, but having more than three seems new to me.

I grabbed the box that was already consumed, it's vanilla flavored and I sliced a piece of it. "Who told you to eat my cake?" A guy with almost the same body built as Jungkook tapped me on my shoulder, but he looks a lot bigger and his hair's blonde.

"Uhm... I... I thought it was okay?" I stammered.

"Woah bro, chill. I was just kidding." He suddenly smiled at me and his scary aura was gone within seconds. I timidly smiled back since it's the only thing I can do to act normal again. "Are you new here? You don't seem familiar to me."

"Oh, I'm Deonne, I'm Namjoon's friend." I reached for his hand. "And you are?"

"Jackson, Jackson Wang."

"Cool name." I ran out of words to say. Why does Jungkook's friends' friends are extremely gorgeous as well.

Again, birds of the same feathers looks like each other.

"Just make sure you leave some, I already ate the half of it. That's my birthday gift to Namjoon." He winks before tapping my shoulder again and walking away from my sight.

Exactly once I emptied my plate, my phone rings and it's an incoming call from Namjoon.

"Hey, Deonne, where are you?" The background seems pretty loud for him to shout at his phone.

"I'm at the kitchen!" I replied.

"Come meet us at the common room."

"Where's that?"

"I mean the dance floor, you'll know where it is." With that, he hang up the call, leaving me confused.

Puzzlingly, I walked out of the kitchen and searched for the common room, which is now currently the dance floor according to Namjoon.

I just followed where the loudest noise and thuds of music are coming from. Later on, I arrived in a room where a lot of people are jumping at and screaming.

The noise is military-like, as if there's no women.

Wait, there really is no women! I thought to myself. Well, except for me, of course.

Why is that? I thought men considered women as essential props to their parties, like, they thought it'll be more exciting with women in it. Because that's how some of the guys in my school think about women.

Between the thick crowd, I squished myself and pushed through the people to get to the front and look for Namjoon.

Since my eyes are not like the hawk's eye, I had a hard time finding the guys. What caught my attention is the guy dancing in the middle.

He moves like a snake, as if he has no bones. As I look closer, it's Hoseok. The crowd bellows for him, probably jealous that they can't do what he can. I also cheered for him, but in silent. Throughout his performance I was smiling and I can say that he really nailed it.

After Hoseok danced in front, I was determined to walk next to him and greet a friend, but then Hoseok started talking on the microphone. "Hello?" He tests the mic. "It's working... Now, hey. So good evening everyone!" Then the crowd cheers.

"This is probably one of the best birthdays that Namjoon will ever have. Why? Because tonight was possible because of his father. His father's money and connection to be exact." He laughed in between the statement. "Tonight we are joined by one of our dearest friend who we rarely meet, and this night he's going to do an intermission number as a gift for Namjoon, together with me and Jimin. So DJ, turn it up!"

The crowd including me started shouting in joy. But my heart stopped when I saw him standing on the stage.

Jungkook.

He's here. Maybe that's why Namjoon did his birthday like this. A women-free party. I'm starting to feel guilty, but seeing that I have no effect to Jungkook whenever he sees me, lessens the heavy thing in my heart.

The whole time my eyes are darted at him. He is really golden, I didn't know that he was quite talented. I did hear him hum and sing a song before across my window, but that's all. I didn't know that he is superior in dancing.

The way he moves and everything made me stunned. He's got it all, if it wouldn't for his condition, his life must've been perfect already.

But no matter what he is, a person with phobia or not, I'll end up supporting him wherever he goes. I'll be that person who is cheering up for him.

I'll be there for him, even if it's behind the scenes.

im just wondering, what are your fav kdramas? mine happens to be scarlet heart, the legendary heart breaker :<