Chapter Twelve- Lights

Angrily pull on the sparkly boots that I got with the Chris's in Vegas and walk out the door waiting for Max to follow me which she does not say a word that about what happened just about an hour ago. Long story short Kat and Zach both stormed out of our apartment fuming, and apparently, it's all my fault. Granted I know I forgot to tell her that he was moving to NYC, but I can't say that I was ALL my fault. Maybe this makes me a hypocrite but Max agreed to go out with me to forget about everything- even though I think she only agreed so I didn't go alone.

Silence follows our train ride and even until we get in line to get into a different club I've never even heard of before, but Max seems to.

"Maxine Santos and friend." She says to the bouncer who lets us in giving both of us 21 and over bracelets without checking our ID's but I'm still too mad to care.

Before I know it I am feeling the many drinks and shots Max and I have shared and admittedly and feeling a little bit better. We've been dancing and singing for the past few hours and I think it's time for a refill.

Turning to Max, "I'm going to go get a drink at the bar." I yell over the music,

"Okay let me come."

"No, I got this Max!" I say stubbornly

"No, really it would be best..."

"I got this!" I yell and move through the crowd trying to lose Max not completely excepting it to work, but before I know it, she's looking at the opposite side of the bar for me. I get up to the bar and order a long island iced tea.... Honestly, I don't know what it is but that's what Max has been ordering me.

"Hey, what's up?" A rough voice says next to me,

I shrug ignoring his question hoping that the bartender hurries up. Soon he brings over my drink as someone elbows me in the back, I turn to see a tall guy pushing through trying to get a drink for himself and his girlfriend. I huff turn back grabbing my drink and hurrying away from the creepy guy.

I head to the dance floor waiting for Max to find me among the crowd. But after a little while of her not coming, my vision starts to get very hazy and I feel like the room is spinning. Deciding I need some air I slip out the back door which does nothing for my spinning head and decides to call Max. I call her once then twice, but my stomach and head are only feeling worse as the seconds pass. I need to go home. Finally, I text her to let her know that I'm heading home because I don't feel good and apologizing for leaving without her but explaining that it was an emergency.

Starting to walk to the subway entrance I wonder for few minutes until I realize I should've been there by now. I look around confused, not knowing where I am or what to do. Before I know it a black car passes me just like Jack's soon after it's brake lights come on and the car backs up down the street. Feeling a little sacred a start to stumble faster still not sure the direction I'm going.

"Dawn!" I hear from the car in the middle of the road as a tall Jack runs out of the driver's seat.

I give him a loopy smile trying to act normal, "Would you be able to take me home..." I slur worse than normal my eyesight still getting worse, "I think I took a wrong turn somewhere."

"What the fuck happened?" I can see Jack studying me, "Are you high?"

"No!" I say defensively, "Just a little drunk..." I know that I'm messing up my words but for some reason, I do not feel normal or okay, "Jack I don't feel good will you please..." My knees gave out hitting the concert sidewalk as Jack caught the rest of me from falling.

"God Dammit Dawn, you were drugged, weren't you?"

"Careful... I was careful." The light from the streetlights starts to move above me. The last thing that I remember is those lights moving again as I was lifted into the air and carried. Once my head hit his warm hoodie, I don't remember a thing. 

***********

EXTRA UPDATE!!

AHHH We made it to 1,000 reads this is insane- you all are the BEST ever. It puts a smile on my face that there is even one person reading this. I love you all and THANK YOU so much. 

I wish I knew all of you so we could be friends if you ever need anything just message me or comment (don't worry I'll see it - I'm nosy). 

 You may not know but I'm actually 22 (or otherwise known as an old lady), have a day job (gotta work that 9 to 5), got my bachelor's(thank god that's over) and secret time... I'm married. If you want advice on life, school, work or love lmk - disclaimer I'm still a mess so don't take me too seriously.  

Just know I love all of you little beauties

Love your Mama Em