𝔸𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕂𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

CHAPTER 02; ALIVE AND KICKING

When I woke up this morning, I was in the mood to read so I grabbed a book from Klaus' room and went walking around till I found Niklaus

When I woke up this morning, I was in the mood to read so I grabbed a book from Klaus' room and went walking around till I found Niklaus. I sat in the chair across from him which got his attention as he looked up and smirked at me. I shook my head at him and started to read my book.

A few hours later Elijah enters the room.

"You took her on a witch hunt?" Elijah said, incredulously.

"I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for me. When they proved unable to do so, I let Hayley have her fun." Klaus replied, as we both continued to read.

"She grows more savage by the day! Can you not see that she is falling apart?" Elijah continued.

"We all start to fall apart, Elijah. It's only a matter of time before we start to spiral." I spoke up, flipping to the next page of my book ignoring the annoyed look he gave me.

"Perhaps the problem is your high standards? Hayley is one of us now. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are, and the wolves are wild things. She knows she can never live up to the pretty little picture you paint of her in your head. Your judgment only hurts her more." Klaus said.

I closed my book knowing that the conversation would get interesting, then putting my head in my hands as my elbows were propped up.

"I am trying to help her, and I asked you to help her, brother." Elijah said.

Klaus rose to his feet angered. "I am helping! You should have seen her last night! Covered in witches' blood and smiling from ear to ear! She is embracing this. A little less criticism from you, and Hayley will be just fine."

Elijah, now exasperated, responds. "Niklaus! One of the mother's of your children deserves much better than just fine!" They start to glare at each other which makes me roll my eyes at them. "You'll take her and Mackenzie to the Bayou. Find any remaining wolves. Perhaps her people can reach her. Now, more than ever, she needs a connection to something, some of her humanity, some degree of dignity."

After he finished that conversation, Elijah stormed out of the room leaving Klaus and I alone once again.

I stand up and grab the book from the table and make my way to way Elijah exited from. "Well I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up before we go." I left and made my way back towards my room putting the book on the dresser next to my bed before laying down to get ready for the day I'm about to have.

•~•~•

I was rudely awakened by Niklaus as he threw me over his shoulder with Hayley trailing behind us as we made our way to to the car. I started to squirm and "accidentally" kicked his knee Klaus. He grunted in pain before loosening his grip which was the moment I needed to exit from his arms.