Ch27 - Her Last Gift

Hello you all! New chapter!

************************
Castle

Hiiragi was struggling to get his words out of his mouth. It felt like a heavy burden was put on his shoulders.

"What is it Hiira-nii?"

Miyuu asked him. Seeing his hesitation, she felt a little worried. It was rare for her brother to hesitate when there's something to talk about.

Right now, they were in their room. Hiiragi and Miyuu shared a room as Miyuu could not be left alone. At first, the others were a little skeptical but after the rampage, they left them alone.

Hiiragi wondered how he should talked about his expedition to her. She would get mad at him if she knew this. She also would force him to bring her along and he didn't want that.

This adventure would be too dangerous for her. It did not mean she could not endure it since her power was more than enough to deal with anything in her way. However, she still could not control her power very well and her emotion tended to switch whimsically.

Therefore, he decided that it was not a good idea to bring her along.

"Myu?"

"Yes, my cool big brother?"

Miyuu teased Hiiragi as she tried to lighten his mood. Hiiragi smiled wryly at her teasing.

"Do you want to join Eiji-san and the others?"

"Huh?"

Miyuu at first was confused but she answered truthfully.

"To be honest, I want to. But, I would only burden them if I go along or tried to help.... So, I think it's better if I stay here..."

Miyuu smiled sadly. She wanted to follow along as expected. Staying inside the castle while her friends fought for their way to go home, it brought a guilty feeling inside her heart.

"You don't have to worry about that. What I want to ask is whether you want to go with them or not?"

"....I want to."

"Then, it's settled. I already got the permission to get you into their expedition. Congratulations!"

"Eh?"

This progressed too fast. Miyuu could not understand what was going on.

"Wait, wait, wait! Nii, when did you–!?"

"Myu, you will be staying with Eiji-san and the others while I stay here. I have something to do."

"What!?"

One more bomb was dropped. Miyuu's brain could not handle two sudden things at once. Therefore, she sat down and took a deep breath.

"Are you alright?"

Hiiragi asked who he also sat down on beside her on the bed.

"Nii....you're not gonna be with me?"

Miyuu asked quietly. She sounded very weak as if a little wind would blow her voice away.

Hiiragi felt very guilty not telling her the truth and leaving her. However, he had to do this to ensure her future and safety. She would not be safe if she stayed with him or at the castle.

"Yes, I need to stay here. There is something I need to do."

"What is it?"

"I..."

Hiiforgot to find an excuse. His brain sped up to an unforeseen speed.

"I need to safeguard this place. While you go on a journey, I will protect this place from any danger so that you can return here."