Chapter 41 - Own Happiness

Logan Nielsen

I put my hands into my pocket and looked at the garden blankly. Jackson stood beside me and I turned to him.

"Where is she?" I asked him.

"She's in New York, she just landed yesterday and we just got an information that she got hospitalized." He said and my hands turned into fist.

"Keep your eye on her, I want every update." I said.

"Yes, Your Highness." He said and he left.

I knew something was off about her since last week. She didn't respond to my text and my calls. Apparently she changed her number too. I don't need to find out who's behind this, it's easy. My parents were the one who got rid of her from my life after I talked to them about not taking over the throne.

I don't know what did they say to Mandy until she ended our friendship that instantly and even moved to New York a week after that.

I was angry and that made me want to runaway more than before. 3 years trying to talk to my parents about this and I got nothing. Instead.. Mandy left me and she was banned from entering the country and so do I. I can't leave Denmark either.

My parents told me that Linnea will comeback to Sweden and we will proceed to get married in a year. After I get married, my corronation will take place a week after that. I helped Linnea and now she's not cooperating with me.

She even insisted that she will marry me. I was out of words, my life is a mess.

"Well well well.. Hello my future husband." I turned to see Linnea walking towards me with her biggest smile. I rolled my eyes and she stood beside me.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Don't even ask."

"I know Amanda is in New York." She said as she looked at her nails.

"Yeah."

"Are you ready to get married?" She asked and I turned to her angrily.

"You know that I don't want this!" I bursted and Linnea took a step closer to me. She put her index finger to my lips shutting me down.

"Cooperate.. Logan. Come with me to Sweden, I'll help you to go to America." She said looking at me seriously and my eyes widen.

"You will?" I asked.

"I don't want to marry you either so can we both help each other here?" She hissed coldly and I nodded lightly.

"Let's stroll, darling." She smiled sweetly as she slipped her arm to mine. We walked towards the garden and I sighed.

"Come to Sweden pretending that you will visit my family to talk about the wedding and I'll send you immediately to New York."

"Good thing that you're helping me back."

"But I need your help again after that.." She said and I stopped walking. I turned to her confuse.

"What do you want?"

"Get rid of Raphael."

"You want me to kill him?" I asked disbelief.

"No, I don't want to see him again." She said.

"But you lo-"

"Please don't say that word, I'm done with that bullshit." She hissed at me and glared at me.

"Okay.. but why though? Don't you want to be with him? You're suppose to marry him instead of marrying me right?"

"We won't get married, Logan. That's why I want you to help me get rid of him." She said and she pulled me to walk again.

"Your parents are watching." She whispered.

"Fine.. I'll do it."

"One more thing.."

"What now?" I hissed.

"You only have 36 hours in New York, that's the only time that I can cover you without my parents and your parents know." She said and I nodded.

"Thankyou.. and now how are we going to stop this marriage?" I asked.

"We're going along with it but I will make a big scene before the wedding."

"Linnea!" I warned her and she chuckled.

"What? I don't want to get married with Raphael."

"But still.. we can't play along like this for too long. I want to be with Mandy."

"You can't leave your throne, Logan. You don't have any other choice but to take that throne and rule."

"Don't remind me." I said and she stopped walking. She made me face her and she cupped my face. She leaned closer to me and put her face so close to mine.

"I want our parents to believe what's going on between us.. and of course Raphael."

"But you said-"

"Don't continue that, Logan." She patted my shoulder and walked away. I walked towards her and held her hand.

"Don't you want to be with Raphael?" I asked her curiously.

"It's complicated." She sighed.

"We both suck huh?"

"That's the perks of being royal, Logan. We can't just.. fall in love with anyone we like. It's hard but I can't back off from it and so do you." She said as she leaned her head to my shoulder.

Her phone rang and she took it out from her pocket. It's Raphael but she pressed the red button.

"Wow.. playing hard to get?" I chuckled.

"I'm not playing hard to get.."

"So.. if you're not going to marry me, who are you going to marry?" I asked as we sat down on the bench.

"Isaac Calland." She answered and I turned to her disbelief.

"Are you serious?"

"Why not? At least he's not a jerk like Raphael."

"Trust me.. He's not better than Raphael." I said shaking my head.

"He's my first crush.. you know." She said in a cute tone.

"You're crazy.. I thought Raphael was.."

"He was my first love.. but.. nah.." She shrugged and I can't believe this woman.

"I think Isaac will break your heart even more."

"We'll see.. if he does.. I'm done with love. I'll just stay single." She said like it was nothing.

"You sure know how to make a man go crazy huh?"

"It's my secret talent, babe. Too bad that I can't seduce you.. well.. it's your lost." I laughed when she said that.

"I hope we both get our own happiness."

----

Note: READ 'TROUBLE' Chapter 2 to see how Linnea help Logan to go to America!