The void

Season 3, episode 7.

Words: 2,3K

Warnings: None.

The ninja are floating in space, not being able to do anything.

"Is this the greatest thing ever or what?" Jay exclaimed.

"Where are you?" Kai asked, "We're trapped in space and you...where did you go?"

"Guys, we're in space. I thought this is stuff only Fritz Donnegan gets to enjoy." The blue ninja flew into a wall, chuckling.

"Fritz is from a comic book, dude. This is real!" Lloyd gasped out, hitting all the walls repeatingly.

"Well, you got me hooked on the character. Would you lighten up and not step on your dreams of being a real Starfarer just yet?"

"We have to find a way to take control of the ship. If they get the golden weapons back to the Overlord, Ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance." Kai accidentally bumps into the green ninja, "Whoa!"

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship. The only way out is through the same airlock we came in." Kai groaned, rubbing his temple.

"And if my memory banks serve correct, space has a way of taking one's breath away, in the negative sense." Zane stated, looking outside.

"That means we can't get out without dying." Y/n said, bumping into her brother, "Ow!"

"Enjoy it while you can, Jay, because in five minutes, the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up. The supplemental boosters are set to detach." Zane said, trying to fix the screen.

"Uh, I'm a Ninja, not an astronaut. What does that mean?" The master of fire asked.

"The portion of the ship we are currently stationed will soon detach and we will be abandoned in space with it." Y/n explained, earning an 'oh' from the boys.

"Hello? Kai? Anyone? Can you read me?" Nya asked, as she was on the screen with Garmadon, Pixal and Sensei Wu.

"We read you loud and clear." Kai stated.

"They're alive! They're alive!"

"Whoa! Yes!"

"Good to hear you ninja. We're going to get you home safe. Pixal was able to find the blueprints for the rocket. You need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late. Near the front of the ship is an A2 storage compartment. Inside are emergency spacesuits." Sensei Wu explained.

"That will be a doozy. We can't get the spacesuits unless we go outside. Problem is, we can't go outside without the spacesuits. Any other suggestions?" Cole asked, hitting Lloyd in the face accidentally.

Garmadon whispers and covers his microphone. "They are completely out of their element. Even if they get through this, what chance do we have of getting them home?"

"Uh, we can still hear you." The master of fire said, sheepish.

"Yeah, we could really use some encouraging words right about now." Lloyd scowled.

"If you cannot change your circumstances, change yourself." Sensei Wu said wisely, earning confusing looks.

"Hm, can anyone else figure that one out?" Kai asked.

"His wisdom usually takes a while to set in. But we don't have a while!" Jay screamed.

"Zane, you're the only one who can survive outside the ship." Pixal stated.