Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter song: Smile by Uncle Kracker

Y/N's p.o.v.

We sat on the couch and Colby gave Tessa the remote. "Here, pick whatever you're feeling." He was so cute. Tessa grabbed the remote opening up Netflix. I stood up and went to the kitchen to grab some snacks. I start looking around in the cabinets pulling out Doritos, some popcorn, and pretzels. I go over to the cabinet with the glasses and stand on my tippy toes to get the fancy wine glasses. I feel two, familiar, ring clad hands rest on my hips, lifting me a bit higher. I grab three glasses and set them down on the counter before turning around.

"Thank you," I whispered and smiled.

"You're welcome, baby," he replied. His words sent chills down my spine. He really was just that hot. All he had to do was call me a stupid pet name and my knees would buckle. His hands found my hips again, pulling me towards him. He took my chin in his pointer finger and thumb, bringing it up to his face. His lips connected with mine, moving in sync.

"AHEM!" Tessa blatantly fake coughed. "I found a movie...," She said laughing.

"Go get comfortable, I'll make the popcorn." Colby started unwrapping the popcorn, popping it in the microwave. I grabbed the bags of Doritos and Pretzels bringing them to the couch with me. I looked up to the TV to see Ferris Bullers Day Off on the screen. Of course. This was Tessa's favorite movie, not gonna lie in my top five too. Any time she was upset or something was stressing her out this movie always lifted her spirits.

"You can start it, i'm going to grab blankets," I said placing the bags on the coffee table and going back into my room. I unmade my bed and grabbed the big comforter off it. When I walked back out, Colby was pouring the popcorn into a big glass bowl. I put the comforter on the couch, spreading it out across Tessa, me, and enough left on my side for Colby. He walked out of the kitchen, handing me the bowl of popcorn. He knew me so well. We had talked about this on our first date; that popcorn was my guilty pleasure. He returned to the kitchen grabbing a wine out of the fridge. He poured three glasses and returned the bottle to the fridge.

"Seems like you're watching more of him than the movie," Tessa whispered to me. I blushed, feeling a little embarrassed that I had been staring at him.

Colby walks up in front of us and hands Tessa her drink. I look up at him holding out my hand, waiting for my drink. "I'm sorry miss, where's your ID?" he joked with me.

"Oh just give me the drink," I laughed as he put the drink in my hand. I was going to be twenty-one in a few months. Colby returns to the kitchen and grabs his drink, then comes to sit down next to me.

About halfway into the movie, I notice Tessa has been on her phone for a while. She was typing and smiling. I was sitting on Colby, leaning my head back against his chest, while his arms hugged my waist. "Who are you texting?" I asked Tessa.

She looked up from her phone replying, "Some guy I hung out with at the party, his names Brennen." I moved a little to face Colby. I smiled at him, remembering Colby's friend Brennen that I had met. I remember him flirting with me a bit, which in a sense made him seem perfect for Tessa's personality. "Why do you know him, Colby?" She asked noticing us smiling at each other.

"Yea he's actually one of my best friends," Colby replied.

"Wait," her phone buzzed in her hand and she smiling reading the text, "he just asked me out for tonight..." she replied looking up to me.

"WHAT," I went to jump over Colby's lap to the space between her and him. I somehow got over excited, losing my balance almost falling on my face on the floor, when Colby grabbed my waist and pulled me back. He chuckled and helped me climb over him to see Tessa's phone.

Brennen (The hot guy)

Tessa: haha yea

Brennen: so, I heard what happened with that other guy, who didn't treat you right. Lemme take you out tonight ;)

"Oh my god, what do I say?" she asks looking over at both Colby and I.

"UH, yes!" I replied laughing,

"okay, okay."

Brennen (The hot guy)

Tessa: sure, I would love that :)

Brennen: great, how about I pick you up around seven?

Tessa: sure, here's my address: *address*

Brennen: great! cant wait <3

Tessa: see you then

"Aw, girl you go," I said patting her thigh.

"Oh my god now I gotta get ready," she said laughing, throwing her head back like she was exhausted. "Well I guess i'm going to take a shower." She stood up walking into her room.