Chapter forty one-Answer

I stood there watching April waiting for her answer.

"O-okay sure," April replied with a small smile sounding shocked. Then she added "But are you sure because I know you've just come out of a relationship and might not be thinking straight."

"I'm perfectly fine and sure," I replied trying to form a small smile.

"O-okay," April responded with a grin.

***

I'd told April I will text her than headed back home. As I walked into my house Marcus is standing by the door with a serious expression on his face.

"What's this?" he asked holding up a white envelope with both our names messily scrawled on it. The stalker. They hadn't bothered me over the least two weeks so why now? And involving Marcus my stomach flipped so many times it is like I'm on a non-stop roller coaster. One where I'm trapped with no escape. My body goes cold as I reach out for the envelope but Marcus stopped me shaking his head.

We walked without a sound into the living room the gnawing dread at the bottom of my stomach overwhelmed me as I tried to search for any plausible reason in my brain as to why this could be happening.

"Sit," he ordered, I obliged anxious in anticipation.

"I-I can explain," I stuttered feeling the tightness in my throat like someone is holding me.

"So you know who sent this?" he questioned dubiously.

"Well no but Blair and I were trying to figure it out before we broke up," I admitted looking down at my shaking hands.

"How long has this been happening? Why didn't you tell me some psycho is stalking you? Also seriously you didn't involve the police!" he exclaimed.

"They were threatening me. It started of with a few texts but progressed. The stalker outed me, hit me over the head. Blair got hurt because of it," I said with uncontrollable tears falling down my face. Tears for me, tears for Blair and tears for Marcus.

"Now give me the letter," I demanded trying to stay calm and stop the cascading tears. Marcus sat down on the sofa next to me and wrapped one arm around my shoulder.

"Here," he replied softly handing me the letter.

I looked down at it feeling the pangs of worry hit me like bullets rippling through my skin. My hand shaking; my fingertips graze on the opening of the envelope. Felling a sudden need to open it's contents I took out the letter first leaving the photos for now.

Dear Addison and Marcus,

First of all what a great two weeks it has been. I've really enjoyed watching Blair cry for you everyday. When she wakes up from a nightmare screaming your name is particularly fun. And the way Jessie just has to sit with her until she calms down enough thinking of anyway possible to win you back. It's pathetic really, seeing her so weak. She's become better at hiding it at school though. Her friends just think you was some stupid experiment and are trying to find her a new guy. Maybe Gareth? Or would she win back Kyle? Don't worry Marcus I don't think she will. I just like the possibility.

Although that's not why I'm currently writing this. I just wanted to update you on what your dads been doing. You know he's having an affair right? It was obvious. Why else do you think the head teacher was so eager to help you after my lovely addition to the lockers. That's right, is it all falling into place? The evenings away. The business calls. All the meetings.

That's not even the best part.

Your mums not innocent either. Your lovely darling unborn baby sister is not your dads. In fact it was hilarious that she'd managed to convince your dad it is. All it took was a little persuasion and alcohol for your mum to get him into bed. Then a week or two latter she broke the news. The dates didn't really align but was close enough that he believed her.