Chapter 6 Jaxon's Neighbor

Crush On Mr. Bad Boy

Chapter 6 Jaxon's Neighbor

   Knocking on the door was suddenly heard. "I'll get it!" Jaxon called out as he jogged to the door.

"Hello, Smith." Matt's tone was threatening. All our heads snapped in the front door's direction. Matt stood there, tall, strong, and proud with his cronies behind me. His brown hair was disheveled and he had his cocky sighature smirk on his face.

Behind him stood Trent- a silly/annoying guy who pretty much hung out with everyone, Justin and Dustin- the identical twins who nobody could tell apart, and last but not least Ricky. Ricky was the one I dealt with the most, and the one I had the most hatred for. Sure, I hated Matt, but with Ricky it was on a whole other level.

Matt looked over Jaxon's shoulder over to us, trying to find something- or might I say- someone. "Where's the chick?" Matt questioned.

"What chick?" Jaxon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"The hot chick." He replied, still searching for that someone.

"What hot chick?"

"Don't play dumb with me." Matt growled.

"The one who ran naked across your backyard," Trent said.

I didn't run naked...

Jaxon glanced at me through the corner of his eye before returning his attention to the jocks. "I really don't know what you're talking about." Jaxon lied smoothly.

Matt stepped forward, closing the gap between him and Jaxon. He cocked his head to the side in a creepy way. "Oh I think you do."

"We all saw her!" Trent pointed out. "Don't be selfish!" 

"Maybe we should just leave." One of the twins suggested. I couldn't tell whether it was Justin or Dustin. The other twin nudged him, telling him to shut up.

"Look," Matt started. "I know you're hiding a really hot half naked chick in here, and I want to know where and who she is."

"There are no other chicks in here beside us." Kasay gestured to me and her.

Ricky stepped out from behind the other guys. "Hey there, babe." Ricky cooed as he stepped around Matt and brushed passed Jaxon to get to me. He stood there right in front of me, eyeing me up like a juicy piece of steak.

I once thought Ricky was the perfect guy for me, but boy was I wrong. I gave him everything I could- at least I gave him a lot of things I'd never give anyone else. I let him copy my homework, I spent time outside of school hanging out with him, heck- I even went to watch stupid action movies with him, but he still wanted more. He wanted more than I was willing to give.

When I didn't give him what he wanted most, he dumped my sorry little ass. He was so sweet, so fun, so loving at first, but his true colors finally showed. His lips were dripping honey at first, but he stung me like a bee afterwards. He dumped me for a whore who would spread her little legs apart like butter for him.

Then he ended up joining Layla in tormenting my life. Both he and Layla did the same amount of damage to me. The funny thing was, those two actually dated once, but Layla broke it off because he cheated on her.

I did one thing I never thought I'd have the courage to do. I flipped the bastard off. He faked a gasp. "Damn you've grown a backbone." He laughed. "So you finally want to fuck?"

I tried to walk away from him, but he grabbed my upper arm roughly. "Not too fast, Kitten." I turned around so quickly my head ended up smacking his chest.

"Let. Her. Go." Kasay growled.

"What are you going to, Little Punk?"

"This." She said as she kneed him in the balls. He groaned out in pain and fell to the ground. All the jock's eyes went wide as Ricky cupped his groin and cried out in pain. Anger flashed through the jock's eyes except one of the twin's eyes. The twin was the only one who looked like he felt Ricky got what he deserved.

I knew they could make my life hell, even though it was bad enough already. Matt stared at me coldly. "Get em'."

~*~

"Matt's your neighbor and you never told me?!" I yelled at Jaxon. "When did he move so close?!"

"Well you never asked me!"

"Cut the crap guys!" Kasay cut in.

"Or what?!" Jaxon and I asked in sync.

"You guys argue like a married couple."

 Jaxon's cheeks flushed bright red before he excused himself to the bathroom. Rex left after the jocks tried chasing us, so that left only Kasay and I. 

"You're going to that dance." She stated.

"No I'm not." I refused.

"You are."

"I am not."

"I'll buy your ticket!" She offered.

"Thanks, but no."

"Come on Rose."

"You know I don't do dances."

"Live a little."

"That saying never ends well." I replied.

"Well, I could make you go."

"How?"

"You won't like it..."

"How?"

"You're giving me no choice but to-"

"To what?!" I asked.

"Just let me finish!" She snapped. "You're giving me no choice but to step over your head."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She answered by pulling out her phone and tapping on it like a pro. She put her phone up to her ear and waiting for it to ring.

"What are you-"

"Hello Cleo, this is Rosie's friend, Kasay." She said into the phone. My eyes widened in shock. She did not just do that. "Uh yes, the one who looks like a Vegas worker... yes..." 

"Stop-" Kasay covered my mouth with her hand. I licked it, but she didn't even flinch.

"Yes, I would like Rosie to go to the school dance-" Kasay said as she ran away from me with her phone up to her ear.

"Kasay! Get back in here!" I chased her down the stairs and into the basement. Before I could step foot into the basement, she slammed the door in my face and locked it. I banged on the door over and over and used the most colorful language I had ever used in my life, but she continued on talking to my stepmother about the dance.

I finally gave up and slumped against the door, exhausted from all the events. Luckily this was the weekend and I had time to rest. "What's going on down here?" Jaxon asked as he walked by.

All I could do was point at the basement door since I was too exhausted to reply. He gave me a questioning look before trying to open the door I was leaning against. The door was locked, so he couldn't open it.

He put up his index finger telling me he'd be right back before tip toeing off. A few minutes later, he came back with a key in his hand. He inserted the key in the hole and opened the door. I, of course, fell backwards and landed on the first step going down. Kasay was fast asleep on the washing machine, clutching onto her phone.

I rolled my eyes at the sight before me. Kasay would pull something like that. My phone started vibrating and ringing in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and on the street it read 'CLEO' in bold letters. I answered the phone, preparing for the worst.

"Hello?" I said to the phone.

"Darling, I need to talk to you. Come home now, because it's urgent." She ordered icily before hanging up. 

What a lovely 'mother'.