I Do

Chapter summary:

"Let's get married on New Year's Eve."

"As if we were able to prepare the ceremony in five days when we did not get ready for several months. But a good joke!"

"I am not kidding, Tony."

Or, Pepper tries not to think too much about what May have told her, so she decides she wants a wedding before May leaves.

<><><><><><>

Peter stood in front of the mirror, trying to tie his tie. It must be said for the fifth time. He couldn't remember how May and he learned it before homecoming.

"Looking at you hurts my eyes, kid," Rhodey laughed, and Peter sighed. Apparently, he can fix the Iron Man suit, but he can't tie his tie.

"Could you rather help me instead of mocking me, Colonel Rhodes?" he asked, pulling his tie from his neck in frustration.

"Maybe I'll help you when you finally start calling me Rhodey," he grinned.

"This is blackmailing," Peter murmured, slipping his tie around his neck again. He can do it by himself.

Except he couldn't.

"Bruce Banner has arrived," Friday announced, and Peter panicked. Now one of the smartest people on the planet will see how he can't tie his tie.

"I'll go get him!" Rhodey said, disappearing through the doorway immediately.

"I'm screwed," he muttered to himself.

"Are you still fighting the tie?" asked Tony, who came out of the bathroom with a small smile.

"It seems almost impossible!" he groaned.

"Forget the tie. It's worn by idiots like Justin Hammer," Tony said, picking up the box he'd put in his hand.

"What is it?" he asked, confused.

"Just open it. I know you'd prefer red, but I always have red, so..." he said, pulling a red bow tie from another box. Peter quickly opened his box and his gaze came to an identical bow tie like Tony had, just in blue.

"Looks nice, thank you!" he said joyfully, buttoning his bow tie. He would never wear a tie again.

"You're welcome, kid."

"So, Tony... I'm a little surprised by the evolution of the events, are you sure it's okay with Pepper?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, the wedding is suddenly, don't you think?"

"I was surprised too, but actually it wasn't my idea, Pep is the one who came up with it. But why not?"

"How's it going? The fight with the tie continues?" Rhodey, who stuck his head in the door, asked with a grin. Then he frowned when he noticed that Peter had replaced his tie with a bow tie. "Cheater."

"Tony! I can't believe you're getting married," said incoming Bruce, and pushed Rhodey out the door.

"Big guy, you arrived! I didn't know if you even received the invitation. I'll tell you it's hard to find you," said Tony with a smile and gave Bruce a brief hug.

"Tony? You have a kid here, you know that right?" Bruce asked, confused, noticing Peter behind Tony's back.

"Oh, right, Bruce this is a prodigy kid Peter. Peter this is Bruce Banner," Tony introduced them.