Part 28

Published: Oct. 20, 2019---Sept. 30, 2020

"Isn't this the temporary assistant?"

She heard Charlize's voice, which made her turned around and be confronted by a death glare of the latter.

"So, this is her, the one with ambitious dreams and trying to snatch your boyfriend from you?" In a sarcastic voice, the woman, together with Charlize, asked while looking at her from head to toe.

Katelyn had seen the woman's face in the billboard adds but never known her name. She has been one of the models of a famous lingerie line.

"Only in her dreams, she can do it."

"Yeah, you are right. Will your boyfriend lose you for a little girl who will not fit in his glamorous life?"

A sarcastic laugh came out from Charlize.

"Little girl, if I were you. I will do better in my secretarial job; maybe success will come my way through it."

The other woman looked at her as she said those words, letting her know those were intended for her and needs a reaction.

She decided to ignore their cutting remarks as she knows they are baiting her for a war of words with them. She turned to face the mirror and finished retouching her makeup so she can go out of the powder room.

"I am talking to you. Why are you not responding?"

The woman with Charlize knock the powder brush on her hands, but still, she didn't say a word. She bends on her knees and picks it up, where it falls on the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry it slipped in my hands."

A breaking sound echoes as her powder case fell and landed near her foot.

She can forgive about her brush, but the powder is a different matter. It is one of her expensive things.

She stands ups. Though she knows the two women tower her, their height didn't hold her back as she confronted the other woman. "What is your problem? I don't want to engage in conversation with you, and you take it on..."

"You are the problem." Charlize interrupted while shoving her aside and then pointed a finger on her.

"Your presence pissed us. Women like you who use their bodies so they can catch rich men to buy them expensive things. Not caring if he has a girlfriend already." Charlize accused.

She steps backward to avoid the latter's manicured fingers. But it seems like every step back she made, Cahelize's followed.

Once she hit the wall on her back, she stopped, with no room to escape; she straightened her back and looked up.

"Who are you to accuse me of using my body to entice rich men?" provoked by the latter's threatening behavior, she retaliated.

"Do you think I don't know about you and Jared staying in a hotel?" Charlize whispered on her.

The latter's words stunned her in silence. So she just looked up at the beautiful face that bends down on her, with anger on it.

"Surprised? Do you think because you slept with him, he will leave me? You are not the first one who tried, but he always comes back to me. Enjoy your grandiose dream because it won't be too long, and you will lose it all." Charlize sneered. She then straightened her back after warning her and then turned around.

Before Charlize walked a step further away, she took out something from her bag.

"Oh, by the way, John Griffins told me to give this to you." She threw a card in the air and added, "He may not be a billionaire like Jared, but he is eager to have his leftover, so better pick it up and Good luck."